2

"Alright Kate, twenty questions?" Harry asked.

"What good would that do? You apparently know all about me." I sassed back. I could see him out of the corner of my eye looking at photos of me and my best friend Hannah.

"True, true. Who's this in the photo with you?" He asked, referring to a picture of Hannah and I when we were about 13 years old at her birthday party.

"That's me in the pink tee shirt, and that's my best friend Hannah Rivers in the green shirt." I said, remembering that day with a smile on my face.

"You barely changed, you know, minus the fact that you're taller now and got a lot prettier." He immediately froze after the words passed his lips. His eyes grew, as if he didn't mean to say that last part out loud.

With a blush, I thanked him, ultimately saving him from further embarrassment.

"Hannah is actually stopping by to help me pack. My dad called her and of course she agreed to help." Hannah has been my best friend since kindergarten. Our fathers were close business partners, and after he was killed in a shoot-out, my father took her in as his own.

"I can't wait to meet her! She looks so nice." He complimented.

"All you know about her is that she's my best friend, and all you've seen of her is a picture of thirteen year old her. Yet, you're already so sure she's nice?" I questioned.

"Well, if she's anything like you, she'll definitely be kind." He said with surprising confidence.

"Well for one, thanks. And two, she's actually quite the loud person. Prepare yourself, I haven't seen her in like a month, so she'll probably squeal or scream." I warned. And on cue, I heard my best friend's voice yelling my name from downstairs.

"KATE OLIVIA STEVENS, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE AND GIVE ME A DAMN HUG WOMAN!" she practically screamed.

I rolled my eyes and told Harry to prepare himself and shouted back, "Come up to my room you lazy ass!" Not even five seconds later, my red headed best friend bursted into my room with the biggest grin on her face.

"Hug me brotha!" we both shouted. All the while, Harry was laughing so hard there were tears in his eyes.

Once Hannah and I calmed down, she finally took notice of the handsome 21 year old guy sitting on my bed. Her eyes widened in shock, frightened by the stranger smiling at her. He was the first to speak.

"Hi Hannah, I'm Harry."

Hannah just started blankly at his face. To bring her back to reality, I elbowed her in the ribs. What are friends for?

"Oh, uh, hi Harry." She stuttered. Harry and I both started laughing at her as her face heated up, a blush spreading across her cheeks.

"Oh shut up." She mumbled, clearly sick of us already.

After Harry and I calmed down, we all started getting my stuff from my closet and dresser.

"Wait, why are we packing every article of clothing you own? Your dad only said that you needed help for packing and to help you." She asked.

"Oh, well it's a complicated situation, but you remember the Shaydin Mafia?" I asked. Hannah's bright green eyes widened.

"Those are the people that, you know, killed your mom, right?" I nodded.

"Yep. And dad said that apparently, out of revenge, they're coming for me." I explained. Hannah gasped, her eyes getting even wider than before.

"Holy shit, Kate! So are you leaving?" She gasped.

"Sadly, yes. And before you even ask, no you can't come with me. Sorry. I asked, but no luck." I pouted.

"Well, where are you going?" She asked.

"Dad wouldn't even tell me. Wait, Harry might know. Hold on, where'd he go?" I asked, rather confused as to how Harry left without me noticing.

We ran down the stairs to the kitchen where we could here my dad's voice, along with Harry's deep British accent. We walked in, and they immediately stopped talking. Secrets.

"Hey girls!" My dad said.

"Hey Chris! What's up?" Hannah asked.

"Not much. Have you girls finished packing?" He asked.

"Yeah, but does she have to leave? Or at least tell me where she's going." Hannah pleaded.

"Sorry Hannah, no can do. Only a few of my most trusted guards and men, including Harry, know the location." He said.

Hannah and I looked at each other. We both knew what the other was thinking: Dad shouldn't have said Harry knows.

"Kate, I know that look," my dad started, "and I know it means trouble. Don't even try to get the location out of anyone, including Harry. All of my men have specific order, and know the consequences if they disobey me."

Defeated, I shook my head, silently saying I understand, but in my head, I was planning how to get the info without anyone's help.

But I had no idea where to start.

_________________

hey guyses the picture to the right (or at the top) is how i picture Hannah ok thenks byebye love youuu