17

"Earth to Niall!" I said, waving my hand in front of his face. He must have zoned out or something, and he had a sad look in his eye. Weird.

"Oh, sorry, what were you saying?" He asked, snapping out of his trance.

"The doctor came in and said that if everything is normal, Hannah can go home tomorrow evening." I explained.

"Oh, that's great!" He said. I just shook my head, laughing at his cluelessness.

"I'm guessing you still won't be able to stay with me, right?" I asked Hannah.

"No, I'm going to a different location and that one guard, Zayn, is protecting me now." She explained.

I remembered Zayn. When I was around six or seven years old, I was in my room playing dolls, and he walked in. Having a friend to play with was all I wanted, and of course he agreed. He probably looks a lot different now, though. Back then, he was more cute than handsome; still just a boy at about nine. He didn't have any facial hair, and his jet black hair was styled into a neat quiff.

"Oh, yeah, I know him." I said, earning a confused look from Harry and Niall, but I brushed it off.

~~~~~

After signing Hannah out the next day, we waited out front for Zayn to pick her up. The entire time, Harry had his hand wrapped tightly around mine. Hannah kept looking at our faces, then down at our hands. I sent her a glare, but she just looked ahead and smirked.

The signature black truck pulled up and I stiffened. A bad memory started to resurface in my head, but I forced it away. I could see a man in the front seat that looked familiar, though.

Zayn.

He looked so different, yet so similar. His hair was still jet black, but it was a lot longer, and the side was shaved. He also had tattoos; more than Harry.

The truck came to a stop, and he opened the door, walking around to talk to us.

"Hey Harry, Niall." Zayn smiled. They all did their bro hugs and talked about what my dad said to do from here. Their talking immediately stopped once I interrupted, though.

"How is he? My dad, I mean." I asked. I hadn't seen him in a while, and I was still my dad's little girl.

"Um, he's pretty good. Misses you a lot, of course. But yeah, he's doing well." He said, giving me a small smile. I just nodded my head, wondering how my dad coped with his daughter and his semi-daughter being in so much danger and not being able to be there with them.

I was snapped back into reality when I heard the sound of a car door opening.

"Well Hannah, I guess we better get going. We need to put as much distance between you and Kate as we can. Make them split their men looking for you both, that way it'll be easier for us to defend you and take them down." Zayn said.

"Oh, alright." Hannah sighed. She turned to me, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Oh come here you big baby." I said, letting tears of my own fall down my face. I felt another pair of arms wrap around us and peeked up to see Niall grinning down at me.

"What, I wanted a hug, too." He defended. I just laughed and motioned for Harry and Zayn to join.

"I don't do hugs." They both said simultaneously. With one glare, I had Zayn in the group hug, but Harry knew I wasn't a real threat.

I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and my cutest pout, praying that it would work.

As he rolled his eyes and sauntered over, I did a little mental victory dance. He slid his arms around my waist, hugging only me, and pressed his cheek against my back.

I shivered at his breath against my neck as he whispered in my ear.

"Your butt looks great in that romper."

_____________

harold you cheeky son of a bitch

due to major writers block, this is the best i could come up with. sorry, but i promise that it wont be too much longer until there are so many suspenseful chapters that you wont know what to do with yourself.

trust me.

thanks for reading love you lots!