13

Even though Harry argued that it wasn't necessary, Niall insisted that he travel with us to be sure Harry's wound healed properly.

That argument was hilarious.

I ended up just yelling at them to both shut up and pulled them both towards the car.

We weren't using a driver anymore because of what happened before, so Harry slid into the driver's seat and started the engine. I climbed into the back next to Niall, noticing how small the interior was.

"Wait, why are we in such a small car?" I asked.

"Because who would think that the person that they want would be in an electric blue Chevy Spark?" Harry asked, rather amused. He did have a point though. You would think that we would be in a sleek black sports car speeding down the road.

But no.

We were in a cute blue car that is basically the large version of a smart car.

So while Harry drove, Niall and I formally met and chatted about nothing and everything. I could tell he wanted to ask something, but he was hesitant.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. He glanced at me before putting on the cheesiest smile.

"Nothing, why?" He responded.

"Niall, you can tell me anything. I know I'm your boss' daughter, but I like to think of us as friends. So spill." I persuaded. He let out a sigh, taking a nervous glance at Harry, who was preoccupied with the road.

"Is there, uh, anything going on between you two?" He asked timidly.

My heart stopped.

"N-no, why would you ask such a silly question?" I stuttered. Damn, why did I have to stutter.

"Oh, but Kate," Niall started in a high pitch voice, mocking me, "we're, like, totally besties, and we can tell each other everything! So, like, spill girl."

He flipped his nonexistent flowing locks over his shoulder, and I laughed.

"Okay, okay, but I swear to God if you tell another soul anything that I'm about to tell you, I will personally kill you." I threatened. His eyes widened in terror, and he quickly nodded his head.

"Wait, why did you think that in the first place?" I asked him.

"Oh, well when I was working on his leg, he said 'Hey babe' and I'm pretty sure most people don't call their friends 'babe' like that." Niall smirked.

Good job Harry.

"Oh, well, uh, before the shootout, we may or may not have admitted our feelings for each other and possibly kissed." I whispered the last part.

"YOU WHAT?!" Niall shouted. I quickly covered his mouth and gave him a stern look.

"Everything alright back there?" Harry asked, glancing at us through the rear-view mirror.

"Just dandy!" I chirped. He gave me a look, saying that we'll talk about this later.

I uncovered Niall's mouth, and wiped my hand on his shirt from where he licked it.

"You what?!" He repeated at a whisper. I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm.

"You heard what I said, and I'm not repeating myself."

"Damn, I owe Jackson 45 dollars." Niall grumbled.

"Wait, you put a bet on if Harry and I would kiss?" I whisper-shouted.

"Uh, maybe..." Niall said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, when you were walking up to the house, you yelled and then a gun shot went off. What was that?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. One of the guys that I guess didn't get shot popped out from behind the tree in the front and put me in a headlock, so I pulled out my gun and shot him in the chest." He shrugged. I just laughed at his story.

It seems like it would be terrifying yet thrilling to suddenly be in a life-or-death situation, but Niall just shrugged it off as if it were an everyday occurrence. Which it probably was.

Not too long after that, Niall fell asleep with his face pressed against the window, lightly snoring.

"Hey, babe, you should go to sleep, too." Harry whispered. "It's one in the morning. We've got three more hours of driving, so get some rest."

I nodded and grabbed a blanket from the passenger seat, snuggling into the seat as far as I could.

As I was almost asleep, I heard something that made my heart flutter.

"I love you, Kate, and I'll do anything to protect you." Harry whispered, his eyes never leaving the road in front of us.

_____________________

i thought you could learn a little bit more about Niall's personality in this story (which isn't much different than in real life tbh)

i think im going to try the goals thing. so lets do...

6 votes and 3 comments on this chapter?

im not sure if im asking for too much too early, but lets just see. it only takes a second to vote, so please do it!

i love you guyses!