6

After cleaning the apple off of the floor, I went upstairs to take a shower. I thought over everything that has happened today, and realized I forgot to mention the bracelet to Harry.

Well shit.

I hurried in the shower and got dressed. My pajamas were simple, but kind of short. But, they're all I packed, so I can't complain.

I grabbed the bracelet off of my dresser and walked down to the living room, but there wasn't anyone there. That's when I heard the shower running down the hall. I sat on the couch to watch TV, and I heard the shower turn off and the closet doors opening.

I reached for the remote and on it there was a sticky note. Curious, I read it out loud.

'Did you find the gift on your bed? I have more, and I'm not far from you right now. In fact, I can see you trough the open curtains. Have a nice evening, Kate Olivia Stevens.'

I probably stood there, reading it over and over, for well over a minute. Then, I processed what it said, and I did what I always do in the face of danger.

I screamed.

I collapsed on the floor with sobs escaping my mouth, terrified of whoever could be watching me right now through the window.

"Kate?! Kate, where are you?!" Harry shouted. My sobs quickly answered his question. He raced to me at lightning speed and bent down to look me in the eyes.

"Kate? Kate, what happened?" He asked.

I tried to speak, but no words came out. I was stunned. I simply pointed to the note on the floor. He reached out and grabbed it, reading every word carefully.

After he read it, his eyes widened.

"What the hell, Kate? What gift?" He demanded.

Finding my voice, I replied. "I found Hannah's bracelet that I gave to her on my bed when we arrived. I swear I was coming to tell you but you were in the shower. I found the note when I was going to watch TV, and it was on the remote. Harry, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I promi-"

"Kate," he said softly, "I'm not mad. You're fine. I'll protect you no matter what. You aren't hurt are you?"

I shook my head no, not breaking eye contact with him.

He helped me stand up and walked with me to my room.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked.

I shook my head no, tears starting to form and fall onto my cheeks.

"Shh, Kate, it's alright." He whispered. He pulled me into a comforting hug and led me over to my bed. We sat down and he just held me, occasionally kissing my head and whispering reassuring words in my ear.

"Bedtime?" He asked.

"I guess." I said warily. Harry pulled the blankets over me and kissed my forehead. He was halfway out of the door when I called for him.

"Wait, I'm scared." I admitted. He slowly walked back into my room and took his shoes off.

"I'll lay with you until you fall asleep." He said. I smiled in appreciation, scooting over to make room for him. At first, we laid on opposite sides of the king sized bed, but somehow we drifter towards each other. My head was laying on his toned chest, and my leg was draped across his. He kissed my head and reassured me he would keep me safe.

I was starting to drift off when I heard Harry lightly chuckle to himself. What he said next, I'm sure I wasn't meant to hear. He probably thought I was asleep. The words that came out of his mouth honestly surprised me.

"Oh Kate, what are you doing to me?"

_______________
hey guyses. Uh, I'm going to try to do just one chapter a day now. Each chapter so far has been between 500 and 1500 words, so it'll depend as we go. Thanks for reading my story!