11

I sat on the couch, looking at my broken nails, when I decided to see if anything was on TV.

After 15 minutes of continuous channel surfing, I rolled my eyes in frustration and turned the TV off.

Right as I let out a yawn, Harry exited the bathroom.

"Go to bed." He demanded.

"Wait, excuse me?" I asked. He let out an exasperated sigh, keeping his stone cold glare on me.

"I said, go to bed. You just yawned, so you're obviously tired, so I'm telling you to go to bed." He explained as if I were in kindergarten.

I huffed in annoyance, marching past him, up the stairs, and into my room. I quickly changed into my pajamas and crawled under the king sized sheets, sleeping like a rock from today's previous events.

~~~~~

{Three weeks later}

I woke up and practically had a heart attack.

"Shit, Harry. You can't just sit in my room and watch me sleep. You nearly gave me a heart attack. Not to mention it's extremely creepy." I said.

He rolled his eyes, like it was obvious why he was watching me sleep. "Kate, so much has happened, and I'm not letting you out of my sight anymore."

"I'm a big girl, Harry. I think I can take care of myself for the most part." I countered.

"If I wasn't with you, you'd be dead right now. A bloody mess on the floor. And do you know what else happens when you die? I die. I volunteered my life to protect you, and you don't even understand what's on the line here. It's not just your life, it's mine, too!" He shouted.

He paced back and forth across my room as he breathed heavily. His eyes had gotten dark, his pupils dilated. The same as how they looked when he pointed a gun at someone.

To say I was terrified was an understatement. Tears welled up in my eyes, and quickly fell onto my cheeks.

Harry finally noticed my crying when a sob escaped my lips. His face never softened, and his eyes never returned to their beautiful jade color. He took three quick strides to reach me, and reached a hand out towards my face.

I gasped and flinched back before i realized he was just going to wipe my tears.

His eyes widened in realization: I had thought he was going to hit me.

His eyes quickly returned to the color I initially fell in love with, and he stumbled back. "I-I'm... I..."

He ran out of my room, and I quickly jumped out of bed and ran after him. I found him in the kitchen, sitting on the floor with his head in his hands.

As I got closer, I saw his body shake with sobs.

While my heart shattered at the sight of the broken man in front of me, I sat down next to him.

"No, go away. You're scared of me." Harry whispered, not bothering to look at me.

"Harry, stop. I was scared of how you were acting. I was never scared of you. I reacted too fast." I reassured.

"No! Don't you see? You thought I was going to hurt you! I volunteered to keep you safe, when I'm hurting you even more!" He cried, eyes red, and his hair was pushed back in a headband.

"Harry, you've done so much to help me. You haven't done anything wrong. In all honesty, you've done everything right." I sighed. "It's just the way you were pacing and your pupils were dilated, I didn't know if you were fully in control of your thoughts and actions."

"But the look on your face when I reached for you broke me into pieces." He sniffled.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" I stuttered.

He looked me directly in the eyes, not hesitating to start.

"Damn it, Kate. How could you not know? I'm falling in love with you. There I said it!" He sighed.

"Harry, we can't." I said, frustrated.

His face fell. "I knew you wouldn't feel the same way."

"Harry, stop. Don't start with that shit. I do, I really do, but we can't. If my dad finds out..." I trailed off.

He pulled out his head band, running his hand through his unkept hair with a sigh.

"You're right. Not just because of your dad, though. I have to protect you, not date you. If this all blows over, maybe. But right now, this is purely professional." He said with a sad look on his face.

I reached up and cupped his cheeks, wiping away a fresh tear. "Harry, don't cry. I hate seeing you hurt."

"I feel the same way about you, babe, trust me. That's why I have to protect you." He whispered.

"Harry, you're an angel sent to me from above to protect me. Literally." I laughed lightly.

"Maybe I am. But I'm falling for you fast, and I don't think I want to use my angel wings to escape it." He whispered, his breath fanned out against my face.

Next thing I knew, we were kissing. It was slow and careful, as if we were scared one of us may break.

Harry's hands gently slid around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I moved my hands to his shoulders to keep my balance.

"Ow." He mumbled. Oh, I must have touched his wound, which was still healing.

"Sorry." I mumbled into the kiss. We were both rapidly falling in love, and neither one of us wanted to get up.

It seemed as though we were inseparable. I didn't think anything could ever stop our kiss. But boy, was I sadly mistaken.

___________
hey guyses
i love this chapter tbh like i have chills from writing it

I need to start writing chapter 12 for tomorrow...

vote, comment, and read read read! loves youu byee