12

The next day is spent recovering. Rosé wants me to relax, so we put in a sedate documentary about space and cuddle up on the couch. After a while though, Rosé feels like mischief.

"Psst, Nox." My dog looks up at her, head tilted to the side and his ears perked. "Up!" Not waiting another second, Nox leaps onto the couch next to us. He snuggles in so that he's tucked under Rosé's arm, front legs sprawled on her lap. "Good boy!" She kisses Nox on top of his head, patting him firmly on his haunch.

"You know he's not allowed on the couch. How many rules are we breaking?" I can't even pretend I'm chastising her, reaching across to rub Nox's belly. "Well, you might as well hung for a sheep as for a lamb." She winks, an I grown, rolling my eyes. "You like that? I stole that one from Sunmi."

I nudge her with an elbow and get butcher in return, which turns into a tickle fight that I'm losing when the music begins.

Well to call it music is being generous.

Roaring, wailing guitars and screaming vocals year up tranquil mood. Rosé gets to her feet, bristling with confusion. "The hell is that?"

I clap my hands over my ears as the singer begins to blather inconsolably, shrieking about blood.

Heading outside, we find an unfamiliar car parked out if the fountain. Jimin stands on the good, rattling a can of spray paint in his hands.

"Hey guys. How's it goin'?" He salutes before returning his work. Red paint hisses out, splattering like blood drips as he vandalizes the fountain.

Furious, Rosé storms over to him, gesturing at the car. The music pounds louder from its expensive speakers. "Turn that shit off!"

"Make me." He smirks and goes back to vandalising the fountain.

Rosé's hand whips down, drawing her pistol from its holster and unloading it into Jimin's car. In the wake of gunshots, the silence is almost deafening. Jimin's hands flop down to her sides, the can of spray paint rattling away on the cement.

"Get down. I left one bullet in the chamber just for you."

Alarmed, I look at Rosé, who still has the gun aimed right at Jimin.

"Ppft. You can posture but you know you can't hurt me." The man hops off his car, landing with her hands in his pockets. Rosé is unwavering, that dark look in her eyes again. "You have a lot of nerve showing you face here after what you did." "Aw. Still sore about the photos?" Rosé snarls, stepping closer to Jimin. "You ordered a drive-by against us!"

I feel like a live wire, tense in anticipation of the final gunshot. Jimin doesn't share my fears, and just winks and sticks out his tongue. "That sounds dangerous. But you can't prove it was me."

"Do you know what Ha-Joon will do if he knows you're trying to incite a war?"

"Uh, nothing? It's your word against mine, and I'm his favourite."

Rosé breathes in sharply through her nose, free hand clenching into a tight fist. "You really are begging for me to shoot you."

I can tell it takes everything she's got, but Rosé slowly lowers her gun. Finally I breathe easy.

"Let me call you a cab before someone else decides to shoot you." She waved her gun at Jimin's car, riddled with holes.

"Yeah..." Jimin drawls, holding his hands behind his back. "We would get in trouble if we shot out fellow gangsters, wouldn't we?" My heart drops when Jimin pulls out something from behind his back. A gun, shoved into the waistband of her jeans.