Chapter 8: DEAD Way Home

Tokyo Bay Evacuation Point

Sitting in their new sniper spot, Neiko and Mei Mei watch as the sun rises on the city in front of them. "Things aren't looking so good are they?" Mei Mei asked. "Unfortunately no, with the U.S president dead and missiles being launched everywhere, things can only get worse" Neiko answered. "Have you heard anything from Y/N yet?" Mei Mei asked Neiko. Neiko let out a sigh "no, he hasn't called me yet and I'm starting to get worried" she answered. Mei Mei put her hand on Neiko's shoulder "Y/N is a big boy, plus he's with friends, they'll be here soon" she said.

Neiko aimed her sniper and fired a round off killing a zombie "I know but I wish there was more that I could do for him" she said. "Like you said before, we'll dip if shit hits the fan here" Mei Mei said. "We might get demoted or court-martialed but it will be worth it" Neiko replied. "It'll be worth it and besides with the way things are, a little demotion won't hurt us" Mei Mei said. "You are right about that" Neiko said reloading her sniper rifle.

"What do you think Y/N is doing right now?" Mei Mei asked Neiko. Neiko had to think about that one for a second. "Honestly, if I were to guess, Y/N would be napping in his underwear and shirt snoring loudly" Neiko answered. "How are you sure that's what he would be doing?" Mei Mei asked. "He's a lot like our dad and plus I just know these things" Neiko answered

Middle Of A River

Driving through the river is Y/N and the others in the hummer they got from Shizuka's friend Rika Minami's house. They were all tired after last night from managing to get to the house then to leave after Y/N saved a little girl named Alice with Takashi's help. They also had managed to save a little white dog with brown spots that Alice named Zeke. The group was headed off towards Saya's home, where her mother and father were mostly likely at. After that they would stock up on supplies and head off towards Tokyo bay were Y/N's sister was evacuating people.

They all had changed clothes and were basking in the sun, Y/N himself was in his shirt and underwear sleeping. Zeke was sleeping on Y/N's chest, Alice was on the roof with Hirano and Takashi. Rei and Saya were taking inventory of all the weapons and ammo that they had. Saeko was on lookout, making sure there weren't any undead up ahead of them.
_________________________________________

It was quiet and I enjoyed that, Alice's laughter didn't bother me and having a little dog on my chest wasn't a problem. If I had a dog before I'm sure this is what I would be doing with it when I was sleeping. My body was killing me especially my arms and legs. I had been running around and swinging weapons nonstop for days without any real rest. Now I was getting as much rest as I could before I had to get back into survival mode.

"Hey guys, we've almost hit land" Hirano said "good, I need to take a pee" I said. "How long have you been holding it?" Takashi asked me. "You don't want to know" I answered stretching. As I stretched, Zeke let out a yawn and stretched along with me. Before we hit land, I grabbed my clothes and got dressed. I then put on my new gear along with my new boots.

As the hummer drove up on land we stopped and hopped out and stretched our legs. There wasn't any zombies around so we could take it slowly but still be on guard. I walked over to the river by myself and began to water the flowers. It felt good to do that after all this time, I wanted to go at Rika's house but plans changed when Alice was in trouble.

"So where do we go from here?" I asked zipping up my pants "my house isn't that far from here, so taking that way should be easy" Saya answered. "I'm thinking before we get going, you all should get acquainted with your new weapons" Hirano suggested. "That is actually a good idea Hirano, you should help them out" I said. "Really?" Hirano asked "yeah dude, besides me you are like the number 1 gun expert" I answered.