5||E D A

"Melo? You came?" I found my eyes tearing up as I watched Melo make her way through the dressing room.

"Of course I came dada, why wouldn't I?" she smiled as she engulfed me into a big hug.

"Melo..."

"Let me be clear Eda, I still think that what you're doing is wrong, you can still back out Eda but even if you choose to go ahead with this, I won't leave you alone. "

"Melo... I don't deserve you. You're the only constant in my life, thank you." I whispered in her ear as I finally broke our embrace.

"Is everyone here?" I asked hesitantly, avoiding the real question.

"Serkan isn't here Eda. But I'm sure that he'll be here. " She said as she helped me fix my makeup.

"Why would he come Melo? He has nothing to do here." I said mostly to myself.

"Love knows no distance, It hath no continent, its eyes are for the stars." She said and unknown to myself I let out a smile. Trust Melo to bring the romantic out of an individual.

"It doesn't work that way in real life Melo, you of all people know that." I commented.

"Only time will tell Eda, but my gut says that Serkan will be here." She offered me a sad smile as she fixed up my dress.

"He called me yesterday Melo..." I hesitated.

"Serkan? What did he say?" Melo jumped. She really loved Serkan in her own way and Serkan's memory loss affected her almost as much as it affected me.

"He told me not to get married Melo... But he was drunk."

"Eda? Do you know what this means? He remembers you!" Melo was ecstatic, as I was too last night. But that feeling will go away soon.

"No Melo... he doesn't remember anything. He was drunk, he had a fever. He doesn't even remember what he said last night."

"Were you waiting for him this morning dada? Is that why you were late?" I didn't know what to say... she was right of course.

"It doesn't matter Melo. Serkan's gone, he isn't coming back. It's time I move on as well."

"Eda! Still loving him and getting married to someone else isn't moving on! You're just trying to find the safe way out. This isn't like you Eda..."

"Evet Melo! It's the safe way out because I'm tired of being the only one taking risks. I don't want to put myself out there anymore. I want safety, comfort and Serkan can give me none of these things the way he his right now," I paused for a minute, trying to recollect my thoughts.

"It's time we go out now, Deniz'll be waiting." I said as I straightened out my dress.

"Eda I-" Melo was about to say something when her phone started to ring. Surprise flashed across her face but it was only transient.

"Who is it Melo?" I was curious.

"Give me a minute dada, I'll be back,"

"Don't go anywhere just yet!" She added as she walked out of the dressing room.

I looked at the vase that was on the dressing table where wild roses were displayed at their prime. They looked beautiful, and made me crave for the love they symbolised, A love that I once knew so well... Well enough to know that roses are beautiful but roses have thorns and sometimes they're going to prick.

I turned towards the door as I heard Melo's approaching footsteps.

"Yes Melo, what were you going to s-?," I started to say when Melo cut me off.