3

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | "𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨—, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐲

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | "𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨—, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐲."

ϟ

  I can never see flowers too many times, I can never tire of their sweet fragrance. Each one is a delicate bloom, no matter if it is a formal garden or a waste land. Their petals are delicate works of art and their hues are medicine for my soul. I guess that is the reason behind when we bring flowers into the hospitals and graveyards, we send them to express our love, we plant them in our yards though they bear no edible fruits.

  There is an apple tree in the middle, surrounded by rows of Chrysanthemums, Irises, Balsams, Begonias, and Bell flowers. An unfilled segment of dirt, that is how you can arrive at the presence of the tree without pulverizing the timid flowers.

  Vance's sleek black wand slips from my waistband and onto the unbending soil, my heart races— wondering what I would've said on the off chance that someone had witnessed. However, no one is around, I conclude it is time to practice a few charms.

  I wish to visit my parents' grave, Vance certainly won't permit me to do that. I must take matters into my own hands. First, I'm required to rehearse my magic, if Apperation were to slightly mishap— there is a chance I might arrive with a few severed limbs.

  Propping the wood between my thumb and forefinger, I begin the spell I grew most fond with. "Lumos." Yet nothing occurs, no familiar, wispy, light emitting from the tip of the wand. There is a sense of disappointment, perhaps a slight tense of fear. What shall I do if I can never acquire my magic?

  "Now why would you need to illuminate the outdoors?"

  I gasp, peering my view upwards as I release the wand from my grip. A man, he's very noticeably blond, his skin is so pale— if I squint I may be able to see his purple undertone. It's strange, he's wearing a fresh, all-black suit whilst inclining against the brick wall.

  "I wasn't"

  "Oh, is that not Vances' wand?" He asked, pushing himself off the firm bricks. "Do you just happen to have to same one?"

  I have never caught myself in a situation alike this in the past, it's frightening— contemplating if he'll run off and tell him. I know Vance would never hurt me, but I can never be too cautious. "Who are you? Have you been watching me the entire time?"

  "Draco, and you must be Vance's new play toy." The blond glossed an inhumane glance in his expression, shifting his head in amusement. "A hundred thousand galleons. Wow, you must be quite special."

  I recognized him. Deeply embedded in my memory, he tormented my friends and I during my second year. I deemed it as pathetic, since he was a whole two years older than I was. With his inappropriate behavior, I assumed he had personal problems at home.