chapter 9

Trigger warning for mentions of blood, assault and Maybe death

" George!!" They both bellowed in sync.

George was lying on the hospital bed, his body covered in cuts and bruises. It looked like he had been attacked by a gang of 30 men. However the nurse had debunked that theory as she explained that he had been discovered in the early hours of the morning in an alley. He had been repeating one phrase. "One man. The man!"

"Well at least we don't need a plan now." Brackenried said trying to make Murdoch crack a smile.
"I guess, we just need him to wake up and be okay." He tried to smile but he couldn't. How could he. His best friend was lying in a hospital bed. He felt guilty that he wasn't there to protect his friend. He was angry his friend was a tracked and he was angry and guilty he wasn't there.

He took a seat next to his best friend and tried not to show the emotion of his now Brocken heart.
"Murdoch it's time we catch a killer!"
"Sir when we catch the we will make them pay, right?" Murdoch said while trying to hold back his tears.
"Definitely! He will suffer the consequences of what he tried to take from us. He tried to take one of my boys I will personally see that they hang!" Exclaimed Brackenried. Nobody messes with his station 4 boys and gets away with it.
"Can I take a moment alone with him please?" Said Murdoch with a sad expression plastered on his face.
"Of course Murdoch take as long as you need." A tear fell from Brackenried's cheek. He loved George like a son and it pained him to see him like this. The fact someone would do this was unimaginable to him. George was kind and the sweetest person he knew. He was harmless. He stepped up and acted like a father to the boy since his actual father abandoned him. Why he did it was a mystery to him but it got George in his life so he didn't care. The thought of losing him was a thought was a thought Brackenried never wanted to have.

As Murdoch sat down with George he began to truly appreciate him. The times he would fetch him coffee and fetch him files. The way his innocent puppy eyes made him calm in even the most stressful situation so he didn't scare the boy. George was his best friend, his brother and he hates seeing him like this. Murdoch began talking to George even though he knew he couldn't hear him.
"We are going to find out who did this okay. They will pay." Tears started to trickle down his face. " I want you to know ... Your ... My beat friend... And I realize now ... How much you have done for me..." There was a long pause. His voice was too broken to say anything. He sat with the tears now streaming down his face. His heart was torn in two and there was nothing to do.

Nothing but catch that killer.

****A/n there you go chapter nine and there's still lots more of this story to write.

Happy valentine's Day
Gotta love being single and just watching a movie lying in bed 😂

Half term has started yay!

Love you all 💕😘

E x