Chapter Twenty-four | The Red Dress

IF YOU'D ASK EVERYONE in the court, they would say that Lady Camie has been quiet and hidden this past month.

But the lady has her reasons.

Camie, ever since she was a child, had roamed these palace halls and basically grew up in the court. She knew Bakugou ever since they were children, but they were never friends because at such a young age, he was sent to the South with his father.

And Camie would remember her parents would always try to present her to Queen Mitsuki, describing all of Camie's great personality and achievements, in the hopes that Queen Mitsuki would introduce her son to Camie.

Her parents had hoped for her to marry Bakugou some day.

They always said that power is everything, and as a woman in this time, Lady Camie can only secure power to herself if she marries a powerful man.

Yes, her parents had always pushed her to Bakugou but they were not the reason why Camie had became so fond of him.

She remembered when she had a lot of curiosity for the young prince back then. He was sent to the South so his only contact with his mother was through letters. He did visit but it was only once or twice a year. His visits back then were always private and nobody aside from the Queen saw him.
Those letters had became Camie's way of trying to get to know the young prince even when he was not physically present at that time.

Every girls her age back then would look forward for Bakugou's letters to fill their curiosity as to what the young prince was like. But they were not as curious as Camie.

Because eventually, her curiosity and how she constantly paid so much attention to Bakugou's letters back then and how she would always imagine how he was like, resulted to Camie's unexpected affection towards him.

When Bakugou went home to Ignis after his mother's passing and when he took the crown, Camie was determined to be chosen as his partner.

But there came his first wife, a forced and political marriage. She never lost hope of snatching Bakugou though because the marriage had turned sour, and just as she thought she finally had her chance, another wife came again.

(Name) came into the picture. An outsider whose headstrong personality made Bakugou dislike her. Camie thought she wouldn't last long in this court just like the first wife.

Camie had found hope that she might get to try to be with Bakugou once again but it seems that (Name) has managed to stay longer. Of course, because she's stubborn like that.

Camie had planned to do something about her and then another woman came. They're never ending.

Lady Erika came, a mere mistress, who is only supposed to please the King but this past month Camie had noticed something about Lady Erika.

Lady Erika might have also developed a fondness for Bakugou. Camie took one look at her and she noticed the way Lady Erika has been looking at Bakugou seemingly having hearts in her eyes.

She's crossing the line.

Camie had concluded she has two people to get rid of. (Name) and Lady Erika.

That's why she's been quiet this past month as she was trying to think how to exactly get rid of them from this court. From Bakugou.

Of course, she'll start with the weaker one first.

Lady Camie is now walking at the palace halls, she made a turn and finally found the person she was looking for.

"Hello, Lady Erika."