Chapter Thirty-five | Fraught Unease

THE SOFT FABRIC of wool slid onto (Name)'s shoulders almost in a liquid-like manner. While she hid her hands in her gloves, she turned to Uraraka with a grateful smile.

"You're all set, Your Majesty." The brunette nodded.

The curve on (Name)'s lips turned upside down as uneasiness started to settle within her nerves. She imagined washing away all that nervousness and straightened her back in the process. Then, she exited her chambers in a rush.

While she was walking in the hallway, she heard footsteps matching hers and she turned to come face to face with the wide grin her sister is displaying.

"Is this your doing, sister?" (Name) asked, staring forward as they continue to walk. She took a quick peek to see that her sister is also wrapped in clothes more suitable for the outdoors.

"I know you're going to think that, (Name)," her sister tilted her head, "but I swear to you I have nothing to do with it. I believe it's all King Todoroki's wish to explore the town with you."

"Yes, but why me? There are others. Midoriya can go with him, he knows a lot than I do."

"Maybe it's because he fancy you."

(Name) almost tripped on her feet, she then glared at her sister who is still grinning, only this time she started to wiggle her brows. "For God's sake, I'm married!"

"Which is a shame, really." (Sister's Name) shrugged.

(Name) scoffed and decided to ignore her sister and proceeded to change the topic. "Judging by your attire, I expect you'll be forcing me to let you come along."

"Well, it's King Todoroki we're talking about! I wouldn't miss this opportunity." Her sister said as soon as they got into the foyer. "I'm very thankful now that my little sister is Queen."

When the siblings stepped outside, they were greeted with the fancy carriage King Todoroki has brought with him and the King himself who stood by his transport in all of his equally fancy royal blue uniform and robes.

While (Sister's Name)'s smile radiated so positively, a dark cloud looms over (Name) as she displayed the exact opposite expression of her sister. A frown curved her lips as nervousness started to creep up to her stomach upon seeing Todoroki.

The northern King looks puzzled as the single guest he originally invited has doubled. But he's too kind to say no to (Name)'s sister especially that she looks like she is so looking forward to meet him.

As soon as they boarded the carriage, it went down the road and to the deeper parts of the town. The first part of the trip is filled with silence. (Sister's Name) is awfully quiet in the presence of King Todoroki as what (Name) observed, while King Todoroki has been keeping his gaze upon her. No matter how handsome he is, (Name) felt uncomfortable as he stared at her.

Finally, (Sister's Name) decided to open her mouth, "Do you have a wife, Your Majesty?"

If (Name) could roll her eyes, she would. It was a ridiculous and rather rude question for her sister to ask the northern King. Too blunt and intrusive.

"No, I don't." King Todoroki answered, fixing his gaze towards (Sister's Name).

"Well, that's rather unfortunate and surprising, yes? Anyone as handsome as you would definitely have a wife by now."

"Handsome? While that may be flattering, I don't think the ladies would marry me for my looks. After all, marriage is all about security."

"While that may be true, it's no harm for us ladies to wish for a good-looking husband."