Close Encounters (Calum)

Liv-

After a late night of partying with his bandmates and some of their girlfriends I decided to crash at Calum's. I end up waking up before him and everyone else so I decide to head downstairs to make some breakfast.

I'm in the process of organizing the food on the counter when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I see a shirtless Ashton walk to the fridge and pour himself a glass of orange juice before sitting down at one of the stools across the counter from me.

"Whatcha makin?" he looks at the food I have laid out on the counter.

"I'm making breakfast for Calum and myself," I reply as I lay the bacon into the pan and start up the stove.

"Can I have some?" He looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I sigh, "I guess so. But just you, I'm not cooking for the whole house so don't tell anyone." He nods.

"I want to help," he says as he watches me crack eggs into a bowl.

"Ash," I laugh, "The last time you tried to cook you almost burnt the house down. I'm not letting you help especially since you're probably still drunk from last night."

He gets up and walks around the counter and stands behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Ash-"

"C'mon Liv," he leans and whispers in my ear, "Let me help you."

I turn off the stove and turn around and he lets go of me. He takes a step towards me and leans in. I place my hand on his chest and slightly push him away.

"No thanks Ashton. I have Cal."

"Have a little fun Liv," he goes to lean in again and I duck around him.

"Ashton stop," I push him away from me.

"She's right Ashton," a voice says behind me. I look behind me to see Calum standing in the doorway with a scowl on his face. I walk over and he pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my forehead. "Just stop. Look, I love you mate. You're like a brother to me. But it's pathetic that you're going after my girlfriend. Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you can have mine." He takes my hand and leads me back down the hallway.

"Cal the food-"

"Leave it we'll clean it up later," he mumbles as we walk upstairs.

We get up to Calum's room and he walks out to the balcony and starts pacing back and forth. I shut the door softly behind me and make my way over to him.

"Calum, calm down," I step out onto the balcony and look at him as he paces back and forth, eye brows furrowed, arms crossed across his chest, he looks at me.

"How can I be calm when my friend was hitting on my girlfriend?" He takes a step toward me and cups my face in his hands. "I can't help it if I'm afraid to lose you. I love you so much Liv and I know that Ashton could probably make you happier than I can and it scares me. What if one day you leave me for someone else? What if I can't make you happy? Because you make me so goddamn happy I feel like I don't need anything else in the world. I love you and you're mine. I want you to be mine forever and ever. And I don't mean that we have to get married now, but I would like to sometime in the future. But I just can't stand Ashton thinking it would be okay to treat you like that." His eyes dart back and forth as they looked into mine. He looks to sad.

"Calum," I take his hands off my face.

"Oh my god, you are leaving me for him," his eyes begins to water and walks over to his bed. He lies down and cries into one of the pillows.

"No no no. Cal, that's not what I was about to say," I walk over and lay down next to him so we're facing each other.

"S-so y-you're not leaving m-me for Asht-ton?" he hiccups as the tears slowly run down his face.

"Of course not. Sure, Ashton's great and I'm sure he'll make some girl very happy. But you make me happy and I choose you. I will always choose you," I kiss his tear stained cheeks and he smiles faintly.

"Mine?" he whispers as he cups my cheek and looks at me unsure.

"Yours," I nod, leaning in and softly kissing his lips. He pulls me close and we both fall back asleep forgetting about the events that just happened.