The Tiger (intro)

(Before I start I wanted to show davas aesthetic)

(Song:I like me better/lauv)

I stand up on my board and catch a wave,I ride it down before losing my balance and falling into the water.ugh.this is my third time trying to do the trick that JJ kept shoving in my face. "Oh my gosh!" I huff.I angrily get back on my board and try again.I look over and see JJ smirking amused at my actions.

I throw him the finger and get back up and ride it down I'm about to go for the trick when a bigger wave comes in and knocks me down.

I swim up and see JJ laughing at me."JJ stop it isn't funny" I huff to the blonde boy in frustration swimming over to my board that he held still for me to get "it is" he taughts I roll my eyes getting back on my board and flicking his head.he holds the back of his head and grabs the bottom of my board lifting it up tossing me into the water.

I come back on top of water angry,I stand up on my board and jump on him pushing us both in the water.when I'm under I open my eyes and realize our position.I had my arms around his neck with my legs wrapped around his waist,he held me tight to him.I stare at him for a second as he looks down at our waists,and how close they are.I gasp shocked making me suck up water i try to swim up,But he grabs my ankle and pulls me down and swims up.not realizing I sucked up water.

I push my arms as hard as I can and re-surface.I see JJ on his board already and I grab onto his leg hold me up and cough out water leaving him shocked.he pats my back as I cough up more water.once I'm done I lay on my stomach exhausted on the end of his board. "Sorry" he mumbles.I flip him off once again.

I sit up and he paddles us over to my board and I climb back up.

We paddle onto shore and start up to the hammocks.we all sit in the hammocks.I'm sitting in a tree just above JJ and kie while pope and John b are in the other one.I close my eyes and take a deep breath smelling the fresh air.I grab my orange thread and brown thread,and start to braid them making a pattern for a bracelet.we all stayed silent watching the sun set when my phone rings.

"Oh hey mom" I say picking up the phone and putting it on speaker sitting up,and passing my half made bracelet to JJ.in which he just smiles and holds onto it."Hey Ms.Harris" they all say at the same time "am I on speaker?" my mom says "yeah you are we can hear you" i answer with a smile. "Take me off please" she says and my smile drops and and I take her off and put it to my ear.

"You should be home by now" she says "well yeah I know but I was with the guys and Kie all day" I say "you know I don't like those pogues" she says in a stern tone.My face falls and I look up to see everyone looking at me wondering what my mom is saying on the other side of the line.I jump out of the tree and walk off leaving the others with confused faces."Mom do we really have to talk about this now?" I say kicking around a little rock on the banks.

"They are bad influences on you,you have been getting in fights often now,and your getting hurt because of them."

"Hey,there not the ones getting me in fights,they are my friends and if you don't like that then,I'm sorry,but you can't make me stay away from them" I say louder mentally cursing myself knowing that they heard me but not turning around to see the faces they are probably making.

The line stays quiet "mom..I'm sorry but I'm only telling the truth" I say and I hang up and put my phone in my pocket sitting down and playing with the sand.I feel someone sit beside me.I look up to my side and see JJ and I smile. "My mom really doesn't like y'all" I say with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood pulling my legs to my chest,he just sighs, "well I guess it's okay,cause half the island don't like us" he finally says with laugh,causing me to let out a breathy laugh also.After a while of calming myself We stand up and head to everyone and I get back into the tree not saying a word.grabbing my bracelet seeing that JJ had tried to finish it but failed,I smile to myself.

Let me give you a little run down of my life so far.

Hi I'm Dava Harris,I'm a kook but not my choice.my friends are all pogues and if I'm being honest pogues are better.JJ,John B,and Pope are all pogues Kie and I aren't.along with JJ I make pretty bad decisions and get in many fights.Im short tempered but coming with this it means I have to be the toughest also.since I make this big tough girl vibe I have to keep it.my moms a drunk but somehow manages to keep the kook lifestyle.and my dad....well let's just say he isn't around anymore.I've never told anyone this,but sometimes a get visions.it rarely happens,but what they are is I'll get a vision of something that's happened,without anyone else knowing yet.like I'm telling the future.

John B,he is what keeps us all together and keeps us on our toes,if we didn't have him we probably wouldn't even be friends.his dad also went missing one day and never returned.poor boy.big John,his dad was always like a father to me,making John b like a brother.

Kie,she a kook like me and is probably the only one besides pope with commen sense.she keeps us from to,to over the top things.she's all for saving the planet.

Pope,he is the brains of the group.he has never gotten in trouble with the law,doesn't smoke or drink,good boy.he has too much to lose if he ever got into trouble.he wants education and a scholarship.

JJ,grew up in a bad household,abusive dad.he gets in lots of fight.he isn't the brightest and is all for stealing but obviously we stop him.he is the only one that I have my full trust for since I've known him the longest.me and him are always together,if he's there I'm there too.

We live on the outskirts of heaven,the outer banks paradise on earth.