Don't drown (3)

(Play song when I say)
"Hey save some waves for us!" JJ yells running into the water with his surf board "hey where you been?" Kie asks I get on my surfboard and start paddling out but not surfing and just watching my friends silhouettes as the sun starts to set.

***

We are sitting in hammocks again while I'm in the tree except i am laying down on my stomach facing JJ with one of my hands hanging down as he is plays with my bracelets.

"Do you really think it's out there?like no bullshit" pope speaks up.I feel JJ slowly slip one of my bracelets off my wrist and I look down and see he puts it on his hand instead of giving it back and I smile. "my father thought it was" jb says "but do you?" "After hearing his voice on that tape,I think I do."

"Only one way to find out" I say looking down smiling at JJ and doing our handshake. "I know it's out there,even JJ believes" kie says. "Oh my God JJ,do you really believe?" John b says in a high pitch voice. "Totally.wait.we talking about 4 mil?" He asks "400 mil" I say.

He gives my hand a kiss and lets go "I'm gonna dream of shipwrecks" he says and I pull my hand back up to my side feeling my bracelets as JJ's hand was just there and flipping on my back looking at the stars. "Good night bird!"

"Good night bird shit!" I say and they chuckle "I hope you fall out of that tree" JJ says from below me "you just want me to fall on you so you can finally say that I slept with you" I say with a grin and they all start laughing and kie says "ooooo" then laughs "yeah your right" he says and we laugh again.tonight was a good night.

***
(Play song:everything I wanted/Billie eilish)
The next morning we head out with the drone and popes dads boat since it's more for deep water "all right JJ pin it here" jb says "roger that!X marks the spot."

"Lady's and gentlemen,to going full kook" he says and sets it in the water gently kie slowly lowers it down while I walk on the edge of the boat trying to keep balance.A game I like to play called sink or swim. "Dava get down from there the waves are to rough your gonna fall" JJ says from the inside of the boat steering around.

"Oh you ruin all the fun" I say finding a big rock and putting my finger to my mouth telling kie to "shhh" I show her the rock and she smiles. I get out of view and scream "ahhh!" I say then throw the rock.

"Holy shit! Dava!" JJ says along with jb and pope run around to see me and me and kie laugh at them. "That's not funny"

"Not funny at all" he says rolling his eyes while John b just laughs along with pope.i walk over to where jj stood by the wheel and giggle at his 'it's not funny' face.I stand by him as John b shouts out random directions at him.playing with my bracelet he had taken on his hand.he looks down at me and smiles and I smile back.I start to get a bad feeling in my stomach but I can't explain it.

"Sorry" I mumble and he just shrugs. "Just don't scare me" he says in a serious tone and I nod at him. "I have a bad feeling about this" I say to JJ unsure of what his answer will be. "Everything's fine.what could go wrong?" He says reassuring me.

I walk out and get back on the edge as they continue to do their thing,but I kinda drown them out a little.haha drown them out.the feeling doesn't leave but I try and ignore it.

"One hundred feet" kie says "and to quote the hobbit 'down down to goblin town. Down down you go my lad" pope says in a funny accent and I giggle "Dava I said get down I'm not kidding" JJ says again "don't worry bout me slim shady I'll be fine I'll get down if it gets too bad" I just hear him huff.

"Four hundred feet!" I hear kie say again "the tides turning!"
"hey JJ?"
"Yup?"
"Ten seconds easy-south-southeast"
"Copy that"
"What does that even mean" I mutter to myself acting like I'm walking the plank still not really caring to what they are saying.