chapter three

'𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎'
─ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ─

"I just want to raise a toast to our favorite boys and to celebrate the masterpiece they put together- although we have not heard every song just yet," Harley spoke up, narrowing her eyes as she looked around the group to send some playful glares to the boys, "But I think I can speak for us girls when I say we are incredibly proud of you guys and we love you with all of our hearts, cheers to The Good Times And The Bad Ones!"

Everyone clunk their glasses and bottles together in a toast, all of them letting out excited screams and yells before they all took a sip of their drink to celebrate the boys finishing up the album.

Zara turned her head to look at her boyfriend from where she was currently seated on his lap, reaching her free hand forward to cup his jaw, "I'm so proud of you," She told him sincerely, thumb brushing the stubble he had going on, "I'm sorry for making you feel like shit while you're trying to live your dream to the fullest."

The fact that Zara always spoke the truth when she had too much to drink was something Corbyn always adored. Times like those made having an honest and respectful conversation so much easier, because she just said what was clouding her mind and it didn't matter what anyone else had to say about it.

He shook his head quickly, placing his hand onto her waist to slightly pull her closer to his chest, "Don't forget I could've done more to try and see you- communicate with you. It takes two to tango, love."

The blonde smiled and held her drink in one hand, while the other one squished Corbyn's cheeks together so she was able to press a kiss onto his lips with a chuckle falling from her mouth, "I just think I could've done more to support you sometimes- and I'm sorry for that."

"Stop saying sorry for that," Corbyn told her sternly, but she was aware that the tone in his voice just showed that he hated it whenever she felt guilty for something she wasn't the only one involved in, "It's okay baby, let's leave it behind us and just enjoy the rest of this night, okay?"

She nodded her head and sent him a genuine smile, letting her free hand rest onto his cheek to press another kiss onto his lips. He reacted by lightly digging his fingertips into the bare skin right in between the waistband of her jeans and the cropped top she was wearing.

"Corbyn!"

A voice made her pull back from where she was kissing him to see who had called him, noticing Jack was standing there with two beers in one hand, the neck of the bottles clutched between fingers and a tall, fancy glass filled with mango Bacardi for Zara.

The brunette suggested to get the group some new drinks after their toast, and he came back quicker than both Zara and Corbyn had thought. The couple thanked Jack, and the boy looked at Zara before he wiggled his eyebrows.

After Amelia introduced Daniel and Jack to Zara, the blonde felt an instant brother-sister connection with Jack. He was kind, had the same sarcastic humor as she did and they had the same style of clothing. This obviously bonded them fairly quickly, and it became normal for the two to hang out at Jack's place- and his girlfriend Harley had always loved their sibling-like friendship.

It was common for Zara to talk to Jack about what was going on between Corbyn and her. Because he was a guy and understood their way of thinking, he gave her different insights and perspectives on what could go on in Corbyn's mind when she was distraught and desperate for an answer.

She had told Jack about the fights where Corbyn being so much away from home was the main subject- knowing that he'd understand because he was in the exact same position as Zara was. Jack had told her it was important to appreciate the moments they did see each other instead of getting irritated because of the moments they didn't.