chapter eight

'𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎'
─ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ─

"You were gone for a while, are you okay?"

Harley's genuine voice filled Zara's ears as the girl reached for a cup of water, turning the knob to stop the water from flowing as the red plastic was filled. The blonde looked up to meet Harley's gaze before she nodded her head and chuckled, "Yeah, I'm all good."

"Good," Her black haired friend smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "I was gonna go up and check on you but then I found mr. Besson heading upstairs already."

Zara's blue eyes widened slightly as she felt caught, knowing that her best friend was fully aware of the fact she spent her time upstairs talking to Corbyn.

"Zee!" Harley laughed once Zara's cheeks turned a rosy color and she let out a nervous chuckle, "Did you two kiss?"

After taking a sip of her water, Zara sighed softly and nodded her head, "Yeah," A smile crept its way onto her face, "Don't fell Jack! He's gonna go 'I knew this was gonna happen' and I don't want him to."

Harley raised her hands up in defeat before letting out a squeal, obviously excited about the fact that Corbyn went upstairs to take care of Zara and them ending up kissing. "My lips are sealed," She smiled, throwing the imaginary key away, "How was the conversation though?"

The blonde placed her drink down onto the counter as she leaned against the marble, "It was natural," She smiled softly, "It felt as if nothing really changed actually. And I think that's how he felt too- I mean- considering we kissed. Oh my God- what if he was just in a horny mood-"

"Zara!" Harley let out a loud chuckle, "You're overthinking, shut the fuck up," She rolled her eyes playfully, "With the way he has been looking at you ever since you two came down, I'm pretty sure he's fully aware of how much he fucked up by breaking up with you."

Harley's words caused Zara to turn her head, eyes locking with a pair of ocean blue ones. Corbyn took a sip of his water while keeping his eyes on her, his right eye dropping into a quick wink before he licked his lips and darted his gaze down at Daniel's phone, his friend showing him something that caused both of them to laugh.

"Fuck me," Zara sighed, "I'm still so in love with this man," She chuckled while shaking her head, "But like- what the fuck do I do? I don't want to rush things and scare him off."

The raven haired girl lightly pinched her best friend's cheek, "Love, he's seen all of you already and he's still head over heels for ya. But like- taking it slow is always a good thing if you're scared."

Zara pouted, her bottom lip sticking out before she sighed. Harley had been in a similar situation with Jack after a fight the couple had, which caused Harley to feel ashamed and embarrassed because of Jack's behavior. It took some time for them to come back together, but they were extremely happy to be at the point they currently were. Zara knew Harley's advice came from knowledge and straight from her heart, and it made Zara think that taking it slow was the right thing to do.

From across the room, Corbyn had his eyes on the blonde after her cheeks heated up. He smiled softly at how much of an impact the smallest gestures always made her blush profusely, her cheeks tinting a dark shade of pink.

A few hours before, he had never really thought Zara would want to speak with him, let alone kiss him. And so, like he usually did, Corbyn went to ask Jack for advice. His best friend told him to go for it, seeing it as an opportunity for Corbyn to apologize and ask her what she thought of the fact he poured his heart out into a song.

The fact that he felt every need to touch her, hold her and kiss her made him reconsider everything. How he should've talked to her about his feelings before even thinking about breaking up with her. It hadn't been fair, and Corbyn totally understood why Zara reacted the way she did right before she slammed the front door behind her and disappeared out of sight.

Of course, it was a stupid decision, but he was well aware that it was also an eye opening situation for him. Sometimes he hated how Zara would be so far away from him while they were living in the same place. He hated how she worked late shifts at the hospital and how he'd rarely ever see her beautiful face. He hated how he felt alone in times he needed her the most.

But then again, Corbyn realized it must've been the same for her whenever he was away to work on the album at Daniel's place.

It was also the moment he realized how he was in love with his girl. So much that writing millions of songs wouldn't be enough. The moment they had upstairs had him thinking that Zara was in the same level of feelings, probably because she wasn't the one to agree with them breaking up in the first place.

"Are you gonna tell her?" Jack asked him as a grin danced upon his face, taking a sip of the beer he was drinking, "How you still don't want no one else? How she's the one that's still on your mind?"

"What the- why the fuck is everyone quoting my song lyrics," Corbyn groaned, earning a chuckle from his best friend.

"Cause it's a bad ass song and I'm proud of you for finally showing how you really feel, because let's be honest," Jack slurred, poking Corbyn's ribs with his index finger, "You have been a fucking asshole."

"Thanks man, I knew that already," Corbyn chuckled, "But I didn't tell her no," He shook his head.

It took a while for Jack to understand what Corbyn was hinting at, but when he finally realized, a big grin spread across his lips, "But you showed her! Jeez dude, you left me be a loser in a game of beer pong to go in for a quick make out sesh. I don't blame you, I'm glad you did."

And so was Corbyn. Glad he had took a step forward in showing her how much of a mistake he'd made.

+

hi im back!! im sorry for the lack of updates but yk- college and migraines hehe gotta love them

not

anyways ILYSM guys mwah!!