18.october

18.october
══════════════════════════

8am. on a saturday. who was she becoming? olivia couldn't remember the last time she willingly woke up before 10am on a weekend. the things you do for the people you care about she supposed. dragging herself to the kitchen as she wrapped her robe around herself, she made a cup of coffee and started up her laptop to print out the tickets for tonight. time had been moving a lot faster now that she and emily were together and soon enough it was october, ushering in emily's birthday and oli was shitting bricks. she knew emily wasn't big on birthday celebrations and that she wasn't expecting much from her but that didn't stop the younger girl from making sure emily was going to have the most romantic birthday she could give her. after a quick run through to make sure everything was perfect as planned and after finding random tasks to do around the house to pass the time, it was finally an appropriate hour to call her.

"happy birthday amor" olivia sung out, only getting a groggy "hi" mumbled back.

"oh god. did i wake you up?"

"yes but it's okay, my alarm was about to go off anyways". emily sat up, rubbing her eyes as she pulled the phone away to yawn "thank you for the wishes"

"i tried to wait but i got impatient. i do want to talk to you though, should i wait for you to have your coffee?"

"no it's okay, i'm coherent" emily chuckled, already in the bathroom and setting up her toothbrush.

"do you want to come over? i can make you breakfast"

"i'm not gonna force you to make me breakfast olivia"

"you're not!" olivia interjected "i'm offering, i haven't eaten yet either so i would of made it anyways"

emily shook her head, only olivia could wake her up before her alarm without upsetting her and convince her to leave her house without coffee before 11am. "do you do this for everyone's birthday"

"make them breakfast? yes. my other plans?, not quite"

"what other plans?"

olivia quickly got out " nothing! i'll see you in a bit" before hanging up. she knew if she talked about her plans over the phone emily would find any excuse to cancel them. at least in person she had the advantage of distracting her with food and affection.

══════════════════════════

    not 10 minutes later olivia opened the door with a wide smile, coffee cup already in hand as she pulled her in. "good morning"

"good morning. what plans" emily replied, taking the coffee as her partner gave her a kiss and lead her to the island

"oh relax, no stressing before breakfast. let alone on your birthday. what would you like? i'll make anything" she went on as stood next to her, kissing her shoulder before heading to the stove "pancakes?"

"yes please, and i'm not stressing, i just want to know the plans"

"you are definitely stressing, but you shouldn't. it's nothing major, just a dinner and movie. i know you don't want anything extravagant"