Chapter 4 Pt.1

Sanctuary
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Stop touching things." Mando said to the child that was messing around with the buttons on his ship. It was adorable how he turned so quickly when he spoke.

"He's cute isn't he?" I asked as he cooed, staring at the masked man with his big almond shaped eyes.

"Sure." He said quickly.

As the cockpit was once again silent, I stared at the helmet on his head before gaining the courage to ask him about it.

"Have you ever-"

"No."

"You didn't even let me finish.." I pouted slightly in annoyance at his quick response.

"I've never taken it off, in front of anyone." He said. I sighed in defeat, resting back in my seat.

As I heard a click, the ship suddenly started shaking roughly. Mando quickly flipped the switch that the kid had flip and picked him up, resting the kid in his lap before letting out a small sigh.

"Let's see. Sorgan. Looks like there's no star port, no industrial centers,no population density. Real backwater slug hole. Which means it's perfect for us." He said, turning around his seat to look at me.

"Ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat?" He said to the child.

"Wha-? Don't call him that.."

I slight chuckle escaped his helmet as he turned back around to face the window of the ship. "Nobody's gonna find us here." He finished.

As we flew to the large green planet, I just know that this place had an amazing scenery. If it's one thing I admire about planets like these, are the green color it emmits.

Back home on Neuth it was nothing but ice that surrounded us. The gardens were always covered in snow. It wasn't always like that though but things changed the day mother died.

The entire planet fell out of balance and had completely turned to snow. No one thought much of it but I did. I was the only one who saw the change. Others believe that it'll pass by quickly but it's been 10 years.

"Nue?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts, only now noticing we had landed in an open space surrounded by trees.

"You in there?" Mando asked as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Yes, sorry I.. I got lost in thought." I whispered as I stood up quickly.

"Come on, let's go." He said. "What about the kid?" I asked.

"He stays. Now, don't touch anything." He said to the kid. "I'll find us some lodging, then I'll come back for you." He said.

"I don't think-"

"Liked you better when you're quiet." He said walking passed me.

I followed him down to the back of the ship quickly. "Why do you keep telling me that everytime I don't agree with what you're doing?" I asked as he pressed a button on the wall that opened that back of the ship.