Moving On

MARIA'S POV~

Michelle sang the whole car ride, not missing a single lyric. If she did, she started the whole song over because she wanted to be on key .

We pulled up to the driveway of the tiny house I shared with Jason for the last year.

"Ready?" Michelle asked taking my hand and placing hers on top of it.

"Yeah." I said ready to get this over with.

Michelle got Amanda and I opened the front door. It flew open, inviting to anyone who wanted to enter.

There was a loud sound coming from the basement.

"He's here with his friends. They're probably drunk again."

She agreeably nodded and we started up the steps.

"Do you want to take the crib too?" She asked standing next to it.

I nodded.

"Everything that belongs to either me or Amanda is coming with us. I'm done with his BS."

I couldn't swear in front of Amanda, she would just pick up on anything she heard.

"Ok." She said handing me Amanda. I put her in her play pen so that we could carry her crib out.

After a 1/2 hour of packing and cramming everything into the back of my car, we were finally done.

I picked up Amanda and we started towards the door. I threw the key to the house in the yard and we drove off towards Michelle's house.

"I want you to hit the petal heavy metal show me you care! I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah." We sang in unison.

Even Amanda let out a little note every now and then.

We stopped outside of the enormous house Michelle called her home.

We all got out and carried some things in with us.

"You'll be in the room at the end of the hallway to the left." She yelled as I walked towards the door. My legs threatened to let me drop any second, with Amanda still in my arms.

"OK!" I yell as I walk hastily through the doorway . I immediately put Amanda down on the couch and went into the bedroom. The walls were a light shade of purple, and there was a queen sized bed in the center of the room. There was only one window, bare of any decorations of curtains. I threw the bags on the bed.

I'll unpack them later.

I set down the frame of the crib next to my bed and ran out the door again, making sure Amanda was still seated on the couch. I flew in with the rest of the crib. I put it together and felt the need to give myself a pat on the back. I took Amanda in my hands and put her in her crib.

"Your home now. Your safe." She slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, her eyes fluttering then soon stopping as she rested in peace.