Chapter 10 - Mothers Always Know!

OMG I'M ALIVE! I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY MY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?! I never anticipated that this story would get as much love and amazing feedback as it did and I only realised when I went back on recently after ages and discovered all these lovely comments and votes and I felt so bad because I promised you more and it's taken me so long!!! I only hope that this chapter will satisfy you guys as an apology and I promise as soon as my life calms down once more I will try to write more in the future! BUT YES ALAS HERE I AM ONCE MORE, ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL FLUFF HERE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN! :D xxx

Also who's ready for season 4 am I right?!?!?! xD

The boys being all cute as always :P

It felt like time had stopped, everything was clear for them and everything was right in the world for probably the first time in their lives. They felt like the moment would never-

"John!" A high pitched motherly tone erupted from outside the door. Accompanied by some hurried knocking. John actually fell over, caught completely off guard. Whilst Sherlock quickly straightened himself out and made himself look less like he'd just made-out with his first ever friend (now boyfriend, obviously). John groaned, getting off the floor to join a bemused Sherlock, who chuckled at his friends clumsiness.

"What, mum?!" He yelled back, irritated that the most romantic moment of his life to date was disrupted by his one and only mother. The door opened and the boys tried to assume a casual position in the room, Sherlock sprawled out on the bed and John standing quite awkwardly next to the bed post. His mother's curly hair popped around the edge of the door, and a knowing look crossed her face as soon as she laid eyes on them. 

"Just wondering if you boys need any snacks?" She said innocently with a mischievous smile. John thought the bed post looked like a great place to wack his head on at that moment, luckily Sherlock took control of the situation.

"No it's fine, Mrs Watson." He said with a polite smile, he got up from the bed and walked over to stand beside John. "In fact John was about to show me the treehouse, weren't you John?" He nudged him slightly in the side. John tried to remember when exactly that was the plan he made, then realised what Sherlock was hinting at.

"Oh- oh yes, I was!" He said with a smile, his mother raised an eyebrow but took it none the less. 

"Very well, let me know if you need anything later." With that she closed the door with a click, John sighed with relief and lent onto Sherlock's giggling form. He began laughing too. 

"Do you think she noticed?" John asked, out of breath.

"Noticed what?" Sherlock said not paying attention. 

"Us." He gestured between the two of them. 

"Oh." Sherlock exclaimed, then looked at John with a smile. "Most definitely." 

John then actually did hit his head on the bed post. 

(I hope that was okay it's been a while and the next part will be out ASAP) - Ellie x