Chapter 8 - I've been Lying

"How did you know all that stuff about Henry's parents?"

Oh no. Sherlock mentally slapped himself. Why him? What if he told him and John thought he was a freak like everyone else. He wouldn't be able to bear it! It would kill him!

He liked John. Hell he might even love him! His first friend and now he has blown his secret.

He felt like crying.

"Sherlock...?" A voice like an angel brought him from his depressed state. He looked up into John's eyes and smiled sadly, a John furrowed his brows.

"I know we have only known each other for a short time..." Sherlock began. "And I wanted to keep it a secret because, I didn't want to scare you away John. For you to call me a freak like the others.."

"Why would I ever call you a freak Sher?" John soothed, reaching out and rubbing Sherlocks arm softly.

"For the reason that the others do.." Sherlock took in a sharp breath. "I have this, ability, well more like a curse to be honest..." John nodded still holding Sherlocks arm. "Where I can "deduce" people, I can tell their whole life story just by looking at them and sometimes I can't control it and sometimes it hurts people.. And oh John I don't want to hurt you of all people." A single tear slipped down his cheek and John smiled wiping it away with his thumb.

"You're so amazing..." he said not even realising it. Sherlocks eyes lit up at these words. He knew he was smart, clever and witty, but never in his life had anyone called him amazing.

"How about this?" John started taking his hand away from Sherlocks face. Sherlock instantly missed his touch.

"You and me after school, you can come to my place and we can hang out in the treehouse?" Sherlock positively beamed at this.

"That would be amazing John!" He exclaimed hugging his friend tightly.

After school...

Sherlock and John made their way out the school gates after the final bell.

"So glad to be out of this hell hole... at least for now." Sherlock grumbled. John nodded thoughtfully.

"Indeed.." he replied. "First day and already the whole school knows I'm gay. This is going to make it a bit harder." Sherlocks heart skipped a beat. Johns gay! Mental fist pump.

"So you're gay?" Sherlock asked just to check he heard right. John blushed deeply. Oops. Great now he has openly admitted he is gay to his only friend and crush, by accident. Fearing of being rejected he tried to cover.

"Ah- well I'm ah-"

"I'm gay too." A strangely confident reply returned. Oh thank goodness, John breathed.

'Wait. Sherlock is gay. I'm gay. I might actually have chance, if he will have me!' John thought excitedly.

"John?" Sherlock asked, ripping John from his thoughts. A small smirk playing on the taller boys lips.

'Act cool John. Flirt..'

"Oh sorry, your good looks were- are very distracting-" It slipped out before John could stop.

'Shit'

"Are you flirting with me John?" Sherlock asked a playful gleam in his eyes. This was far too much fun for him.

"Maybe I am." John said confidently. There was silence and then the pair burst out laughing simultaneously.

"You are a terrible flirt" Sherlock choked out between laughs.

"Oh stop it," John said smacking him playfully on the arm. "I try okay, I try!"

"Sure sure" Sherlock laughed. The pair were so caught up in their own little world that they almost walked straight past John's house.

Sherlock was very excited for seeing his old house again. (with invitation of course). And even more excited that of all people who would take over the house after his family, are the Watsons. In particular a very special human being called John now lives.

Hello lovely people!!
Next chapter will hopefully be up shortly! And Sherlawk will be meeting John's parents! This shall be interesting!
Let me know what you think of the story!!
EllieM