The Green Chrysanthemum

I know this is short but the next chapter will be longer. Anyways, since I have so many books to work on I'm posting all the chapters for this book now so I don't have to keep worrying about it. I hope you guys are enjoying!

---------------------------------

Ciel awoke me from my slumber and we enjoyed dinner together, Sebastian seemed to be in a good mood because as he described the dish he was using a dramatic tone which had made me giggle though Ciel seemed annoyed. After which I went back to my room, reading one of the books I had brought from home. I had told mey-rin that I could get ready for bed by myself which she reluctantly agreed and left. Finally I became tired and changed into a night gown before slipping into bed.

However, I was unable to sleep. For what seemed like hours I tossed and turned, but there was no use. The voices started again since I had blown out my candle, they sounded amused as the shadows taunted me. I paused, seeing a shadow that had more human figure in the corner. Neither the shadow or I moved until it darted across my room, throwing my window open and disappearing into the night. I got up quickly and raced to the window, the cool night air hitting me as I searched for the shadow once more. That was strange, that shadow wasn't a shadow...it was a person. I glanced down at the window sill and noticed a green Chrysanthemum laying there, I know for a fact it wasn't there before. This frightened me, if someone had been in my room and if I had been asleep...was that the person who killed Lizzy? But how did they jump out of a window this high up? Surely I would have heard them land or...die? I was tired. Though it wasn't my imagination and I could tell I wasn't dreaming. 

With a worried frown I shut the window, closing the latch and climbing back into bed. I'd have to tell Ciel tomorrow morning. I sighed and finally I began to drift off to sleep. When I awoke, it was the same routine. Mey-rin helped me to change and I walk down to the dinning room, but before I left the room I took the Chrysanthemum and I held it's stem gently, opening the dinning room door. Strangely, no one was there so I frowned gently and picked up a note that lay at my spot and read it.

'Dear Y/N,

Mey-rin probably forgot to inform you this morning so I have written this just in case. Sebastian and I will be away for a few days on some business, I would have brought you with us because I'm afraid those three idiots won't do their jobs correctly, but it's a bit too dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt. We shouldn't be gone for more than two days, I trust you'll make sure the mansion doesn't burn down again. Don't worry about your safety, the other three can protect you if anything is to go wrong. Try to enjoy yourself while I'm away, and I'll return in one peice, I can guarantee that.

Sincerely,

Ciel'

I frowned gently. Most likely a mission from the queen...Sighing I fold the note up and slip it into a dress pocket before turning and making my way to the music room. I opened the door and upon spotting the grand piano I smiled to myself. I moved the sheet music and placed the green flower in the paper's place so that it wouldn't get ruined. I pressed down on one of the keys before my other hand raised and my fingers began to dance across the white keys, producing a beautiful song. The beautiful sound echoed the mansion as I continued on, I noticed Bard, finny, and Mey-rin poke their heads in to listen. They seemed to enjoy the music so I continued playing. Once I was finished they clapped and I giggled, glancing over at the mysterious flower and I let out a quiet sigh.