The Red Carnation

The next morning I feel a bit better though my appearance doesn't show that, I'm still a bit pale though the bags under my eyes have lessened and I'm still quit thin. Mey-rin opens my wardrobe and thinks for a moment "My lady, what's your favorite color?" She asks, I glance over at her "oh its F/C" I answer. She nods and picks out a F/C dress with O/C designs all over it that take the shape of leaves and vines, she also picks out O/C thigh high boots. I change into the dress after the maid helps me wit my corset, afterwards we make our way to the dining room. I step inside and notice Ciel reading the paper, he glances up at me and freezes. I sit down beside him and stare at him questioningly "your staring...is it too much?" I asked worriedly. He shakes his head and looks back at the paper "it's fine, don't worry about me" he says. Sebastian sets by breakfast down infront of me and I start to eat just as I did last night, Ciel sighs and sets the paper down to eat "while we are in town we might as well visit and acquaintance of mine for some information...your not afraid of gore, right?" He asks me, his only visible blue eye turning to me. I nod "as I thought, good" he says.

After awhile our carriage is ready and we ride into town, this time Sebastian is in the carriage with us while Tanaka drives. Once we arrive Ciel helps me out of the carriage and I glance around curiously. I hadn't been into town for quite some time "where would you like to go first?" Ciel asks, I shrug "why don't we just walk around" I suggest, taking Ciel's hand with a small smile, he blushes slightly and nod, adjusting his hat as our arms interlock. We browse through various shops such as bakeries, spice shops, fruit carts, clothing stores, and a few others. I was enjoying today with Ciel and he seemed to enjoy it too, though to a certain extent of course. Sebastian seemed quite amused throughout the day, calling Ciel out at times or even teasing him which I found quite funny as well. I did my best to remain relaxed, just in case I were to become weak. Finally we arrived at our last destination, Ciel sighed as I read the sign above that spelled out undertaker. Sebastian chuckled before opening the door for us. We stepped inside and Ciel spoke up "undertaker, where in the blazes are you" he said, an eerie chuckle almost made me jump since the shop was quite dark already. 

The darkness continued to move around me and the voices started again. A man with long silver hair dressed in black and grey robes stood up from behind the counter "hello young earl! Will you be here for a coffin fitting?" The man asks, Ciel huffs in annoyance "you know why I'm here" he says. Is told beside sebastian, quiet as the two spoke. The man I assumed was undertaker stared at me and tilted his head slightly "ah yes! I remember you from the funeral a week or so ago...my sincerest apoligies for your loss, young earl. And I believe you are lady Y/N midford, correct?" He asks me, I nod as Ciel massages his temples "enough undertaker. What is your price for today?" He asks. I glanced up at sebastian with slight confusion as Undertaker began to giggle strangely "Mr. Butler already knows what I want to hear, yes he does" the man chuckles, Ciel nodded and took my hand once again, leading me out of took he shop and we waited for a few minutes before the sound of chaotic laughter echoes through and around the shop.

Ciel leads me inside once again as I notice the undertaker slumped over his counter giggling profusely. Ciel looks down at him as Sebastian smirks to himself making me more confused but I didn't complain. Undertaker stands and sits on the counter with a bright smile, his eyes hidden behind his silver bangs "it was no accident, young earl" he states, ciel's expression seemed to become slightly angered but also strangely calm. I listen quietly, what were they talking about? Undertaker continues "the driver's injuries were your usual carriage accident wounds but I have never seen someone's throat slit when it comes to something like this. With that being said, someone inflicted this on the driver rather quickly and skillfully, killing the driver instantly. This means your precious fiancé was murdered, little earl" he explains, my blood runs cold and the voice get slightly louder. My sister was...killed!? My expression of surprise seemed to amuse The undertaker because he tilts his head once more "you hear them dont you? The darkness that taunts you. The flowers that whisper meaninglessly." He smirks, Ciel and Sebastian stare at me in confusion as my gaze turns to a bouquet of red carnations that laid on the other end of the counter "they whisper the moment the darkness returns. They must be quite annoying now that you know of your sister" he says. Ciel glares back at him "enough, undertaker. We'll be going now" he says, taking my hand as the voices seemed agitated now and the darkness moves to the shadows as we step out of the shop. Sebastian follows us and shuts the door with a sigh, ciel grimaces "so this was a murder...just as I thought" he grumbled. I felt the darkness return now, clouding my vision as my confusion turned into despare "killed...Lizzy was...killed?...the flowers...shadows" I mumble to myself, trying to make sense elf everything.

The moving darkness and the voices had always been apart of my life, but now...I'm so tired. Soon my vision completely clouded over and I heard Ciel shout as I fell, before I hit the ground someone caught me and soon I blacked out. My limbs felt heavy and the voices no longer whispered. Everything went quiet.