chapter three

Alex's pov:

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm and sighed. The last thing I need right now is to be late for college. I brushed my teeth and put on the first pair of leggings I could find. Last night i came home to my dad shouting about how worried he was. After he finished shouting I went upstairs and made the stone I found into a necklace. I put on a jumper the necklace was already around my neck. I must have forgotten to take it off last night.Then I took a deep breath in. God knows what waits for me downstairs.

I tried to be as quiet as possible going down the stairs,but I stepped on a creaky floorboard. Now they know.
I made my way into the living room and the unexpected happened. " Alexa good morning honey" my mum said in a loving tone. " morning mum I'm gonna head out now so I'll see you later today" I hugged her and just as I made my way to the door she spoke. " come straight home okay?" I nodded and left the house.

Jess was waiting in her car for me. "Oh so you are alive. Nice to know." I gave her a confused look. " your mum called my mum saying you're missing. Then I sent you like 50 messages and now you're in my car acting like nothing happened. Oh and I like your necklace. Is it new?" The thing about jess is she can go from one topic to the next in one sentence. " i wasn't missing i took a walk. mum overreacted as usual. She also took my phone off me so i didn't see your messages. Yes the necklace is new. Now can we please get going."

When we arrived at collage something was different. Everyone was whispering. "What's wrong with everyone?" I asked jess. She looked at me as if I was an alien. " you didn't hear? Theres three new students joining today. Apparently they are really good looking so I guess everyone's excited. Including me." I rolled my eyes and headed to my class.

Ernouf's pov:

I walked down the hall with Amoux and Tasha. Goddess I hate humans. I didn't even want to go on this mission to the college,but orders are orders. "You know Ernouf if you just relax you might actually have fun." I glared at Tasha. She knows I hate the human realm and yet she tries to change my mind. "Tasha we have a mission let's get it over with so we can return before I accidentally throw a knife at one of the humans" Amoux gave me a look that said 'dont do anything you'll regret.'

We walked into the classroom. My eyes landed on her immediately. Mate.It was her the girl we were sent to find. I groaned and took a seat behind her. Amoux and Tasha followed. I couldn't take my eyes off her for the whole hour. Amoux and Tasha were talking about ways on how we should confront the girl,but I wasn't listening. All I could do was stare at her.

Alex's pov:

I could feel someone watching me from the moment the lesson started. That's it I'm losing it. Why would someone be watching me for an hour? I'm not that interesting. Its probably just paranoia.

After class I walked to my locker. I could feel eyes on me again I turned around. They must be the new students. Jess was right they are good looking they almost look un human,but then  again that's not possible. I put my books away and headed to my next class. They followed me. I sped up. They did too. Weird. Lucky I have this class with Jess so she can tell me I'm over reacting.