Chapter Twenty Two

Jess's pov:

Two vampires practically dragged me out of my cell and into the corridor.

They made no effort in hiding the fact that they are indeed vampires. When I refused to follow them with no protests( yes I know I am seriously lacking survival instincts) I was met with a pair of deadly sharp fangs less than an inch away from my neck.

In the end I decided if I have any chance of making it out of here alive I have to keep my head down and my mouth shut.

Alex's pov:

Anger.

That's all I could feel whilst Tasha,Amoux and Ernouf were arguing about which way to proceed in getting jess out of there.

I decided it was time for me to interrupt,
" you know jess has been kidnapped and  she's probably getting tortured or worse. And we are here doing nothing about it!"

" I thought we all agreed we wouldn't let Alexandria get involved in this" Ernouf said eyeing Tasha.

" I didn't agree to anything." She replied not breaking her eye contact with Ernouf.

When Tasha and I came into the room Amoux explained that they were out on a mission for the king when three vampires came out of the blue telling them they are holding jess hostage. The vampires also said that we had to give them the moonstone or jess awaits a fate worse than death.

The vampires sped off before Ernouf,Tasha or Amoux could question them.

Eventually we all came up with a plan we were all satisfied with. Ernouf did try to convince Tasha and Amoux that I shouldn't be allowed to come.

However, I made it crystal clear to everyone I'm coming wherever they like it or not.

I achieved this by setting the room on fire and only putting it out when I got verbal confirmation from Ernouf that he wasn't going to try and stop me.

Honestly what's his deal? He barely knows me and yet he keeps making my life so much more difficult.

Then again he probably feels the same way about me.

Jess's pov:

I was pushed into a small room with a table,chair and a woman. Her skin was flawless, she was unnaturally pale. Another two things that stuck out to me was how tall she was,but the main thing was her eyes.

They were a crimson red. She gave off a murderous energy.

I was crumbling under her gaze.

Her lips met into a wicked smile.
" Jessica, please take a seat. We have a lot to discuss."

Alex's pov:

We were almost at the portal to the vampire realm.

I was mentally preparing myself for what was about to come. My thoughts were cut short when there were footsteps coming our way.

Everyone was immediately on high alert.

We were expecting a threat.

Instead a brown haired, green eyed girl came stumbling out of the bushes.

"JESSICA!"