Chapter Twenty Four

Alex's pov:

I sat down. starstruck. It all makes sense now. Jess wasn't released unharmed.

Ernouf sat down next to me. " we put her in a secure room. Just until her aggression eases."

I nodded.

I regained my composure and began to ask questions," what's going to happen to her now? How did this even happen? Is she still a witch? Can she be cured?"

Ernouf took a deep breath before answering, " we will teach her how to control her bloodlust, hopefully she'll learn quickly. There's only one way to become a vampire. If vampire wishes to turn a human, they  must make an  elixir. It contains blood of the vampire,blood of the human and one final ingredient that only vampires know. However, the elixir isn't 100% guarantee. If the human's body decides to fight it... they'll die."

Die. That last word was enough to make my head turn to face Ernouf. Instead of confusion and fear occupying my mind relief did. Despite jess becoming a vampire she was alive. At the end of the day that's all that mattered.

"And is she still a witch?"

Ernouf met my eyes. His piercing green eyes sent chills through my body. " No. Hybrids dont exist. You ofcourse are an exception."

Ernouf's pov:

I was going to tell Alexandria about mates. Before Jessica was kidnapped I had a plan.

I decided there was no point living in the past. There's no point constantly denying yourself happiness because of something that happened years ago.

Not all humans are the same.

I was going to talk to her after we left the human realm. I was going to explain how mates worked and how I would like to get to know her.

I should've known life had different plans.

So instead of finally telling her something I should have told her from the start, I'm sat explaining why her best friend tried to kill her.

" look, I know helping Jessica adapt will probably be the hardest thing you'll have to do, but I'll be there. I'll help her learn control. And I'll talk to the king and queen about what happened. Hopefully they'll see that Daeva is turning humans against their will." I explained hoping she'll have comfort in knowing the truth. In knowing I wont sugarcoat or hesitate to inform her of our current predicament.

Alexandria gave me a forced smile. She picked my hand up and entwined it with hers.

"Thank you, Ernouf"

I let her head rest on my shoulder. We sat in comfortable silence, letting our thoughts enthral us.