Chapter Twenty

Alex's pov:

I talked with jess until it was time to return to the palace.

" wait Alex. Before you go take this." Jess handed me a thick,dark purple book. It was similar to the blue spell book that I used at the library,but this one didnt look as old.

I said thank you and stepped outside. Tasha and Amoux were sat on the curb talking. Ernouf was the only one who took guarding the house seriously.

" Right. Let's go. I feel like someone's watching us." Ernouf said looking around trying to spot anything suspicious.

Tasha sighed then stood up to face Ernouf." It's called paranoia. If someone was watching us they would have made their move to attack us by now. And we dont have the moonstone with us."

Ernouf sighed. He knew Tasha was right. Amoux looked at me then at  the book in my hands.

" I'll explain when we get back. Now can we please go? I doubt you'd want to be caught." I said.

Jess's pov:

I laid on the couch eating crisps whilst watching Netflix.

A knock on the door echoed through the house. Did Alex leave something here?

I tood up from my comfortable position and walked to the door annoyed.

I opened the door not expecting to see three figures standing on the door step.

Before I had time to react one of them injected me with an unrecognisable serum.

As it spread through my body I no longer had the strength to stand let alone summon any kind of magic.

The last thing I heard one of them say before I blacked out was," we have thirty minutes before her mind regains consciousness. Her body however, will still be paralyzed."

A/N: hello 🖤💜 this is a short chapter,but I didnt want to merge this chapter and the next one. So yea. I hope you are enjoying the book so far 💜🖤.