Chapter Fifteen

Alex's pov:

" fine. Catch!" He threw a knife at me and if it wasn't for my vampire speed or my wolf reflexes that knife would've gone straight through my forehead.

" what are you crazy!" I yelled at him. What kind of person throws a knife at someone for no reason?

He shrugged in reply. I took a closer look at the knife. It was the same one I saw when Ernouf was fighting Alaric and Lazarus.

" that knife may one day save your life. No kind of combat moves will help you if you have no weapon. Against a vampire your advantage is your speed,strength, stamina and how fast you heal. Lucky for you you accelerate in all of them." I gave a small nod for him to continue.

" a stake in the heart wont kill a vampire. That knife in your hand is called a Volcanic Swiftblade. The name is pretty self explanatory. When you stab a vampire in the heart with it the vampire is supposed to feel like their blood is turning into scorching hot lava. Then they die." He finished with a smile watching my face waiting for a reaction  of disgust or hesitation.

He didnt get one.

" Lovely. Now can we please stop the theory and get on with the physical stuff." I said in reply.

" ofcourse wolfling." I rolled my eyes at name that he addressed me by. I'll get him back later for that by a nice punch in the face.

He  stepped behind me. His arms made their way on to mine. I tried not to think about how close we are or the way I could feel tiny sparks when he positioned my fingers on the blade the correct way.

Next he whispered in my ear which only made things worse. " Now that you're holding it correctly I want you to close your eyes."

Without any sort of hesitation I closed them. I felt his warm touch leave my body. For some reason I was yearning for more.

" Your instincts should be on point seeing as you are not only a wolf but also a vampire. Remember do what feels right. Dont second guess yourself." 

I waited until I could feel something coming my way. Remember dont second guess yourself. I swinged the blade in a movement I didnt even know I knew.

I cut through something. As I was about  to open my eyes to see what it was Ernouf spoke. " Dont open your eyes. Theres more to come."

I groaned. This isnt what I thought trading would be like.