Chapter Twenty Five

Alex's pov:

"Again."

"This is dumb"

Ernouf sighed. He's been trying to teach me how to 'properly' use a volcanic swiftblade for nearly two hours.

It's not that I dont appreciate his dedication or anything,but he's been training with it all his life. I however, have been trying to train with it for less than a day.

" why can't I just use a knife or something." I asked even though I already had an idea of what his answer would be.

" Because if you were face to face with a vampire a knife would barely leave a mark never mind killing them."

I picked up the blade once more reminding myself that if I were able to do the move correctly even once I would be done with training for the day.

" Alright, don't hold back and keep in mind everything I said to you."

I nodded. He signaled me to make the first move.

He blocked my attacks with ease. I aimed my reverse roundhouse kick at his head. Lucky he wasn't as alert as before and didn't have time to block it. I striked him with the blade.

He groaned as the blade pierced through his skin.

In no time at all he pulled it out. " Well it's nice to know we got somewhere today. Although I feel I should mention you need more power in your kick."

I rolled my eyes. I reached my hand out. He looked sceptical at first,but soon enough he took it. The bleeding stopped indicating that his wound healed.

" Soo you guys done yet?" Amoux's voice filled the room.

" Don't act as though you haven't been watching them for thirty minutes contemplating whenever or not to interrupt." Tasha spoke.

I chose to ignore that piece of information and instead ask a question I've been asking for three days.

" How is she doing?"

Silence spread around the room like wildfire. Anytime I mention Jess everyone feels as though they have to step on eggshells around me.

" She's improving. However, she's still dangerous." Amoux warned.

Dangerous.  The girl that made me keep the lights on every time we had a sleepover because she was afraid of darkness. The girl that made an after school group for people who felt alone and unwanted. Her dangerous? The person who stood by me and put up with all my shit for all these years.

I need to see her. I need to speak to her.   I need her to know that despite everything that happened I'll always stand by her. And until I'm in a position where I can sneak into cell 26, I'll wait.

Tasha spoke next, " There's a mission for us tonight. It involves going into the vampire realm. And Alex has been requested to come with us."

I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly.

" Tonight? She's not ready." Ernouf argued.

" Look its mainly because she's been practicing magic and not being detected is crucial on this mission." Amoux defended.

Ernouf mumbled something to himself I couldn't make out. " Fine. You two can get the details. Alexandria and I will get the weapons."

It's moments like this when I start to question my life choices.