Camp Gay-A Phan Story

"Okay, we're here."

Dan Howell felt himself being nudged awake by his mother. He looked around to see forest out of the car window. He unbuckled his seatbelt and stretched. His mum got out of the car and went to get Dan's trunk. He got out of the car and looked around, disgusted, as the parking lot filled up with more and more boys.

"Welcome to Camp Gay," Dan muttered under his breath, kicking a rock on the ground.

"What did you just say?" Dan's mum questioned accusingly.

"Nothing," he mumbled in return, grabbing his pillow.

"Dan. This is not a camp for gay boys. I do not want to hear you calling anyone 'gay' just because they're here. You're not gay, and you're here."

Dan uncomfortably avoided his mother's gaze.

"I just want you to have a good time, honey." she explained as she waved a camp counselor over.

"Daniel Howell," Dan's mum told the counselor as the counselor checked his name off of the list.

"Alright, Daniel," started the counselor. He was a young man, well built, in his twenties. To Dan, his voice screamed 'gay.' "I'm Steven. I'll show you to your cabin, you can get settled, and-"

"It's Dan."

"Pardon?"

"My name. It isn't Daniel, it's Dan."

Dan's mum gave Dan a warning glance.

"Err...alright, Dan. Let's bring your trunk to your cabin."

Dan carried one side of the trunk as Steven carried the other side of the trunk. Dan's mum followed them, carrying her son's pillow. When they arrived at a rustic cabin right on the edge of a lake, Dan picked a bottom bunk and unpacked as Steven and his mum talked. After saying goodbye to his mother, Dan looked around. There were other beds that had sheets and trunks by them, but there was no one there.

Dan looked up when he heard the screen door slam shut. There stood the most beautiful boy he'd ever seen with black hair, piercing blue eyes, and pale skin. Dan licked and then bit his bottom lip. This boy was wearing black skinny jeans and converse with a green hoodie on.

"Phil!" called Steven, doing that lame bro handshake thing with him. "You're in my cabin again this year?"

Phil nodded and smiled. "It seems like it."

Steven looked over at Dan and saw him staring at Phil. Steven tried to hold back laughter. Dan was making it too obvious.

"Dan, Phil. Phil, Dan," Steven said, introducing them to each other. Dan stood up from his bunk and stuck out his hand. When they shook hands, Dan felt electricity buzzing through his veins. Phil smiled and met Dan's eyes.

"Is this your first time?" Phil asked.

Wait. What?

Steven smiled. "He means at camp."

Dan coughed to cover up the awkwardness of the moment. "Yeah...first time," he replied, looking down at the floor.

"Cool," said Phil. "Well I'm gonna go find some old friends, I'll catch up with you later, Dan."

Dan sat down on his bunk and watched him go.

Oh god, that sweet arse...

Steven burst out laughing as soon as Phil was out of earshot. Dan looked at him in confusion.

"What?"

"You," Steven replied, still laughing. "You're head over heels for him."

Dan widened his eyes and cleared his throat. "What? No. I-I'm straight."

"Oh," said Steven.

"Yeah," said Dan.

This was going to be a long summer.

______________________

Do you guys like it so far? There's more coming, don't worry. (: