Forgotten

Dan lifted one side of his trunk. Phil took the other side. The walk back to the cabin was silent. They carried it up the steps and set it down next to Dan's bed.

"She hates me," he said.

"She doesn't."

"She's so ashamed of me."

Dan sat down on his bunk and patted his lap, gesturing for Phil to sit down. Phil walked over and sat on his lap.

"When you go home, I want you to forget about me," Phil told him as he wrapped his arms around Dan's torso.

"No."

"Yes."

"Phil, I can't just forget about you."

"Then try. Pretend like I never existed. Just..." he sighed. "...don't pretend like you're someone you're not. If you don't like girls, then don't date one. I know what your mum said, but you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone."

"I won't find anyone that could compare to you," Dan murmured

Phil smiled. "I won't either."

"So this is it, huh? We're just going to spend the rest of the summer together? We're going to end just like that?" asked the brunette.

"We've got no choice."

Dan opened his mouth to say something, and then closed it. He was stubborn, but he couldn't ignore the reality of the situation. If his mother didn't let him come back to camp, then there was no use. A long distance relationship was the only other option, and even then, it wouldn't be enough.

At camp, they lived together, ate together, changed clothing together, swam together, played sports together, and slept in the same room together every night. They'd never be able to do that at their separate homes, which they figured out were over three hours away from each other.

So when the remaining of the summer came and passed, they spent every moment that they could with each other. But no matter how much they tried, Dan and Phil couldn't spend enough time together to last them all the time that they were expected to be apart.

___________________

Wowwwwww. It's been a really really long time since I've even thought about this. This was extremely shit. I know that. I had to update it, though, just to get back into the flow of writing it. I'm super sorry that I got extreme writer's block on this. I'm going to try really hard to continue this. Hope you enjoyed (you probably didn't) It was so horrible that I couldn't even proofread it, so I apologize for any mistakes. x

AND YES ITS EXTREMELY SHORT IM SORRY DONT HURT ME