Xmas Wishes #1: Wheel of Fortun-Date! Or Was It Un-Fortun-Date? 🥷

"Gather 'round, everyone! The 3rd Annual Ninja Christmas Challenge is about to begin! Only the best can remain!" Kai shouted from the monastery courtyard. "Now, we all know how this works. First one to get across, complete the challenges, and come back, gets an advantage in the Snowball Blast later. They get one spin from the Wheel Of Awesomely Overpowered Advantages To Power Yourself With, brought to you by me, the creator of the Challenge." Kai gestured to the giant spinny wheel, marked with 5 differently labeled slots. "Or! Also brought to you by me, the Less Powerful But Still Useful Wheel Of Disadvantages To Destroy Your Enemies Or Friends With." He gestured to his opposite side, where 5 more slots waited.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know about your speech! You make it every year and they do almost the same thing anyway! Let's go!" Jay was buzzing to go, as always. Last year, Cole won, and the year before, Kai had. Now it was up to everyone else to make sure they didn't win again! He would win this year, he was sure of it! He was the fastest, which meant he was the best! Right?

"Patience, Jay. Kai's demise will come at an opportune time, equal to the amount of impatience he's had in the past." Zane half-smirked. He would win. He had the perfect plan. He would know just how to get through the challenges, whatever they might be. His intellect was unmatched by anyone except Pixal, who wasn't competing. She and Nya had designed the course, so they couldn't race it. It was only fair, after all. After his win, they could celebrate with some snow-gazing. Him being Master of Ice and her being able to control her internal temperature, it would be no problem for them to be comfortable outside in the currently falling snow later for some relaxing time together.

His planning was interrupted by Cole shouting, "Alright! Quit it, boneheads!" He shoved Kai and Jay apart and rolled his eyes. "Let's get started. Nya, if you would?" He summoned his dragon, the others following him and waiting tensely for Nya to fire the starting fireworks while eyeing the others. Some (*coughKaiLloydandJaycough*) stuck their tongues out at each other while others watched with a raised eyebrow or amused smile. (*coughColeandZanecough*)

CRACK!

A loud bang filled the air and they were off!

~~~ Time skip to after they finish ~~~

The five boys arrived back within a second of each other and they all collapsed, breathing heavily but determined to prove they won. "Let's look at the tape." Nya prepared for this. She set up a camera to capture the finish, which they went to check. "From this, it looks like... Jay won!" Groans and cheers erupted from the guys and gals alike. Jay swept Nya up in a spin and grinned. "I won!" Nya laughed and nodded. "Yeah, you did! Now let's finish the rest of the challenges and then we can go back in the warmth." Jay nodded at her suggestion and planted a quick kiss on her cheek, still grinning.

"Booyah! I got it!" Jay taunted the others, who all disagreed in their own way. "Move aside, simpletons. I have to spin a Wheel. Hmm..." He thought for a second, debating which one would be better. "I'll go for the Disadvantage Wheel!" He decided and gave it a firm spin. It spun for a long few seconds, then landed on... 'Have everyone dress in a color of your choice from the chest'

"Ooh! Hmm... I pick... yellow! HIGHLIGHTER yellow!" Jay dug through the unlatched chest and tossed everyone safety vests that reflected bright yellow and silver, which would make them quite easy to spot in the white falling stuff.

Once everyone was dressed, they circled up. Well, squared, more like. Jay and Nya on one side, Zane and Pixal on the opposite, Cole on one, Lloyd and Kai opposite him. Cole went by himself because of his super strength (Actually because of Big Brother Kai™ but I needed a logical reason XD). It was supposed to be a free-for-all, but the couples ended up teaming anyway, so the others paired up however they could. An air horn sounded, courtesy of Nya's timed robot hitting a button, and they all rushed behind different obstacles to start building snowballs. Clearly, Zane had the advantage here, but they were all pretty sneaky.