Chapter 6- The Fields

"Y/n." George said, grabbing my elbow, "Can we talk?"
      "Yeah, of course." He grabbed my hand and brought me outside.
      We walked through the field for about ten minutes before stopping at a spot where there's no tall grass.
      "What do you wanna talk about?" I asked.
      "So, before your prank went off last night, I was going to tell you something." He said.
      "Mhm." I nodded.
      He smiled awkwardly, "Um, I-I've felt this way for a while now, but, um, I like you. A lot."
      I'm blushing. I can feel it. I'm embarrassing myself.
      "When you pulled that prank on Snape, I knew that there are no other girls like you." He explained, "I knew that you were different. You're unique, beautiful, funny, curious, mischievous, and all of the things that make me like you a little bit more everyday."
      "Aww." I said, "Really?"
      "Yeah." He looked at the ground, "So I like you, and it's okay if you don't like me back, but I couldn't hold it in anymore."
      "I don't know how to put it in words, so I'm going to do this instead."
      I gently grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him. I could feel him smiling through the kiss. He put his hands on my cheeks as well right before pulling away.
      "I read you loud and clear." He laughed, "So, I believe that we're on the same page."
      I started laughing, "I would say so."
      He reached into his back pocket, "This may be a little soon, and fast," he dropped down on one knee and held out a plain, bronze ring, "but, Y/n, will you date me?"
      I nearly fell from laughing so hard, "You just gave me a heart attack, George." I looked at him, "But yes, I will date you."
      I stuck out my left hand, "Right hand." He said, "We're going to save your left hand for the big question when we're older."
      I'm laughing even harder now. I gave him my right hand and he put the ring on my ring finger.
      He picked me up around waist and spun me around. He put me down, "Get on my back."
      He crouched down and I crawled on his back, wrapping my hands around his shoulders, and my legs around his waist.
      "Lets go share the news." He said.
      He walked through the field with me on his back. Before he opened the door he said, "You call everybody down."
      He opened the door and we walked into the living room, "Can we have everybody down here please?" I yelled up the staircase.
      Pretty soon, everybody was down in the living room. George put me down next to him.
      "We have news." George said. He hasn't stopped grinning since he asked me.
      "George Fabien Weasley, is she pregnant?" Molly said, looking like she was going to murder somebody.
      "What? Mum, no! Are you insane?" George yelled.
      While he was yelling at his mother, I was dying of laughter on the floor, gasping for air.
      "Are you okay, Love?" George said.
      I froze and looked up at him, "What?"
      "I, um, sorry." He said sheepishly.
      I stood up, "Anyways."
      "Oh, yeah," George looked at his family, "I would like you all to meet my girlfriend, y/n."
      "What?" Hermione yelled.
      Molly's jaw dropped, but she smiled and ran to me for a hug, "I've only known you for less than a day, but I love you already."
      I hugged her back, "You were right, I am part of this family."
      "Yes you are."