Maybe Next Time

༄ 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴
༄ 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱
༄ 𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁

It was a beautiful evening. The two girls were sitting on the grass as they watched the sky.

"Are we really meant to be, Byul?" the girl asked the other girl who's sitting beside her.

"Yong...whether we're meant to be or not, I love you and let's just focus on us now, not the past or future, just focus on us at this moment, me who's in front of you," Byul cupped Yong's face and softly kiss her lips.

"Why do you love me this much...?" Yong leaned her head on Byul's shoulder as she asked the question.

"Umm...do I actually need a reason to love you? I just fell for you and I love you, that's it" Byul looked at Yong's face. She looked sad for some reason.

- Byul's POV -
Why does she look sad...? Did she know it? No way...I didn't even give a hint about that.

--- FLASHBACK ---

"Ms. Moon, your results are out," the doctor calmly said that, making me nervous more.

"What is it doc? How many months do I still have?" I know I won't be able to live longer, blood cancer stage 3...and yeah, I haven't told Yong about that.

"A month," his answer shocked me. A MONTH? I'll only have a month to spend time with her? I should spend my time with her much more than I do now.

--- FLASHBACK ENDS ---

Today is the last day for me. Hope everything will be fine.
"Yong," I called her out.

"Yes?" she looked at me with her puppy eyes. Gosh, she's so pretty.

"Wanna do a challenge?"

"What kind of challenge?"

"Umm...you'll have to stay 24 hours without contacting me"

"You know it's hard for me not to contact you," yeah, she's right. She would call me even if she can't find her bra and stuff.

"That's why it's a challenge. Will you do that?"

"Yes, I will" she kissed my lips softly.

"24 hours starts now, okay?" I stood up and went back to my house.
My health is getting worse. I kept vomitting blood. Wheein came to my house to help me.

"Unnie...did you tell her?"

"No..." I kept coughing so hard to the point that my chest hurt.

"Unnie...." she shook her head.

"Just help me lie down on the bed," I said and she helped me with it.

My vision is getting blurry. I think I need to go now.

I promise, I'll be your girl next time.

: The Next Evening :
- Yongsun's POV -

24 hours has finally ended. I should text her hehe

[TEXT]

Byul-ah, I did it...
sent

Moon Byullie, reply me...don't ignore me
sent

You always reply me so fast though
sent

[A NEW MESSAGE FROM WHEEIN]

unnie...byullie unnie passed away last night. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. She told me not to tell you but she left a voice message for you..I'll send it to you now.

I could feel the tears coming out. Why didn't she tell me? She knows I hate being left alone.

[A NEW VOICE MESSAGE]

I opened it and cried harder as I listened to it.

my baby, Yong...you did really well. I think you would be able to do this for days? I know you can. I love you so much. And no,  I didn't leave you. I'll be always with you, in your heart, your mind. I love you, please don't forget that.

I couldn't help but cry. How can I believe this? She's gone? My girl isn't here with me anymore.

I still want to be your girl in another life too but you should stay longer than now. Maybe this time, we weren't destined to be each others' for long...maybe next time. Yeah, maybe.

- THE END -

This one is a short one too bc I just suddenly wrote this without plans so I'm sorry for the bad storyline. Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed~

Love,
Serena