alexithymia

grammatical and typographical errors ahead

Solar as Laila
Moonbyul as Kali

based on true events, inspired by a tiktok challenge.

                                     ✍︎✍︎✍︎

"Are we gonna end like this?" Laila asked Kali, who was standing in front her.

The atmosphere between them was cold as ice. The way Kali looking at Laila

"What do you still want to do? You knew this was coming, right?" Kali asked back while holding her tears.

The two girl was having a little argument in the dark alley. It was already 10pm.

"I knew it, but I didn't know it'd hurt this much" Laila said it while her tears flowing down to her cheeks.

"And what is the reason?  Do I have something that you hate?" Laila tried her best to ask though she was crying really hard.

"Why would I know!? I just lost my feelings for you and do I need a reason for that?" Kali shouted at Laila and walked away to a street filled with cars and people. Laila followed her quickly.

"But we had so much fun, and you said you would stay with me till the end" Laila pulled Kali's hand. People started to stare at them but Laila couldn't care at all because all she needed to know was why Kali did that to her.

"And you trusted me with that?" Kali removed the older girl's hand and walked away faster. The crowd was so big and Laila almost lost Kali. But she kept finding at the silver top Kali was wearing which helped her find the younger girl faster.

"Let's just talk about it a bit more Kali, please" Laila grabbed Kali's hand and kept begging the younger girl to listen to her.

"No, just let me go" Kali got herself a taxi and went back to her house, leaving Laila behind.

Laila was crying too much to the point that she lost her balance and fell to the ground.

-

Kali looked out of the window and felt the cold wind against her face.

"I wish I could tell her why, I want to tell her that I'm actually doing the chapstick challenge and my chapstick is almost empty" she could feel her eyes shading tears a bit.

"Laila..I know you would stop me if I did that. I needed you to hate me" Kali slowly let her tears flow down.

"You would want to know what I didn't tell you my feelings, it's just because I can't express how I'm feeling..and I couldn't even express how much I love you"

The taxi reached her house after a few minutes. Kali got out of the taxi slowly and went inside her house.

She cleaned up the empty chapsticks lying on the floor of her room everywhere and took her current chapstick out of her bag. There's almost nothing left. Kali scooped out the leftover chapstick and applied to her lips.

"Chapstick challenge ended, all of them ran out" Kali mumbled to herself.

She managed to leave a letter for her girlfriend, Laila and sat down on her bed with some pills in her palm.

She took a bunch of pills and lied down...to greet the dark world.

-

Laila came to Kali's house after a while just to see her girlfriend lying in her bed, lifeless.

"Kali!!! Why!? What happened!???"

Laila then found a handwritten letter on Kali's desk.

"by the time you're reading this, you had probably seen my body, right? I'm sorry that I didn't tell you my problems. It was so hard for me to do so. I want you to live, babe. Keep living your best for me and know that I'll be always in your heart, I'm always at your nearest

I love you and I'm sorry"

Laila looked around the younger girl's house and found empty chapsticks lying around the house.

"You were doing this all along? You could've just told me that you're not okay" Laila yelled at Kali's dead body even though she knew she wouldn't get any reply.

"Was it so hard to open up? I thought you're getting better with me..why....?"

The room was filled with the sound of Laila crying. And the raindrops were falling heavily as if they knew how broken Laila was.

-