-Chapter Five-

Jack POV

The next morning I woke up from a loud slam of a door coming from outside my apartment, it didn't bother me much; I was so used to it now. Eventually I would get so annoyed to the point I would go and give them a piece of my mind, but I didn't even know which of my neighbours it was. I only have 4 neighbours on this floor, and it obviously isn't going to be (y/n), so I never bothered.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if (y/n) knows who it is.... I'll ask her later.

I lazily got up from my bed and went straight to the kitchen, coffee was my number one priority in the morning. Or... Ever, to be honest. I would inject it into me if I could.
I liked my coffee black, no milk, and no cream. Nice and simple, or... I'm just lazy and can't be bothered to make a proper coffee, and that's why I always end up going to Starbucks later in the day.

Probably.

I took my cup of coffee and went back to my bedroom, checking my phone for any notifications.

"Twitter, Twitter, YouTube, Youtube, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, YouTube..."

The list went on and on, but there was no sign of any messages from (y/n). "I hope she's okay, she hadn't messaged me since 12 last night..." I said worryingly to myself.

I tried to reassure myself that she was maybe at work, or at a friends, or just plain busy, but I couldn't help but have a constant paranoid feeling in the back of my mind.

Something wasn't right, I could tell.

I decided to text her one more time with a simple 'Text me when you can', and then went to my computer afterwards. "Well, today might as well be a productive one at least." I said to myself.

I sat down on my chair and put my headphones on, I guess it was time for another episode of 'the escapists', or who knows, maybe even a 'stranded deep'...?

Your POV

"I want these floors scrubbed, the walls polished, bedding ironed and made, and-..." Michael stopped as he suddenly looked down at you in disgust. "And DO something with yourself, you look like a lazy fucking cow" he added.

You didn't say a word, you couldn't handle another beating from him today, you were in so much pain already. You simply nodded at him in response, staring down at the ground like a coward. "Yes, Michael."

Michael walked into the kitchen and examined the window, staring at it annoyingly. You noticed him staring at it and walked slowly over to him. "I-I'll call someone today to come and replace the glass..." You said softly, twiddling your thumbs, trying to avoid eye-contact with him.

"Yeah, that'd be nice." He simply replied, walking over to the living room sofa and sitting down.
You began to get on with your daily cleaning routine, what a fun day this was going to be.

"Oh, and (y/n)?" Michael asked you. "Yes, Michael?" "I have a new work schedule for the rest of this month." He replied "Oh?"

"My new hours are 12am to 10am"

You stopped in shock as Michael finished his sentence. "12 at night until 10 in the morning?!! What kind of stupid hours are those?!! How on Earth am I going to see Jack now?" You asked yourself.

"I'll be leaving tonight for work around 12, so keep this place clean." He added.

"Of course, Michael."

"Oh, and clean this fucking pile of glass up, there's glass and blood all over the carpet."

You cringed at Michael as he finished his sentence. "He said that so emotionless, like he didn't even CARE that there was BLOOD on the floor.... From his fucking 'soon to be wife'."