Introduction

Claire POV:
Seeing that woman burn those birds to hell without even moving a muscle was scary shit,but given we live in a world in which the dead aren't so dead it wasn't that bad. I watched as Carlos begin walking over to me no doubt wanting to talk about that girl. "Save it Carlos she's gone when she wakes up," I said not wanting to take the risk. "Claire did you see what she didn't back there? We need that power to keep these people alive," he said causing me to sigh. "Carlos if we let her stay these people are going to always have to be on edge," I said shaking my head. "Claire that woman's name is Alice,and to be honest I think she's going to be the one to end all this. The stuff she can do and what she knows is a incredible piece in ending this," he said seeming confident in his statement. "Carlos this shit won't end anytime soon," I said as I begin walking off,when I felt a sudden jerk on my arm. "Claire if you let her go I'm going with her," he said causing me to sigh once again. "Carlos when she goes off again it's on you," I said nodding a bit. All I got was a nod for a response as he walked over to the others who were finishing burying everyone we just lost. I sighed leaning against a truck knowing this wasn't going to be a easy day.

Alice POV:
Memories of the hive and all the people I had lost since then caused me to wake up like most nights. I was a bit shock when I opened my eyes to see a girl sitting there looking at me. "Oh glad to see you are awake," she said with a nice smile. Slowly I looked down at my wrist seeing a bracelet that was clearly made not long ago. "Was this you?" I asked in a soft voice not wanting to come off as scary. "Yeah I made it while you were asleep," she said with a small giggle. "Thank you," I said sitting up looking around to see just where I was. "Come on I'll show you around," she said opening the door of the vehicle. I sighed a bit as I opened the closest door to me the sun basically blinding bright. "Oh I'm K-Mart," she said offering a hand shake. I raised a eyebrow in confusion from what she just said "K-Mart? You mean like the store?" I asked completely lost. "Yeah that's where Claire found me when this all began," she said shrugging. "I wasn't a fan of my old name,so I decided to change it," she said as I shook her hand. "Ok well K-Mart my name is Alice," I said blinking a bit more than usual due to my eyes readjusting to the sunlight. "Come on everyone is saying goodbye to the people we lost," she said looking down clearly upset by their loses.

Claire POV:
It sucked losing this many people,but as awful as it sounded it was less mouths to feed. All I could hear was those people yelling out in pain remembering as they were torn apart. Slowly I looked down towards the ground thinking this was all my fault. "Hey don't blame yourself for this," Carlos said putting his hand on my shoulder trying to help. "I can't do this," I said walking off when I looked up I saw K-Mart and Alice standing there. "Alice this is Claire she's the leader of this whole convoy," K said as I crossed my arms. "You freaked a lot of people out with whatever that was with those birds," I said with some attitude. "All I can do is say sorry," Alice said looking right at me. It felt like she could see right through me,but for some reason all I was thinking about is how pretty her eyes were. "Carlos managed to talk his way into letting you stay with us," I said shaking all those strange thoughts away.

Alice POV:
"Thank you," I said with a nod of my head knowing this girl was going to be just like Rain. I'm not sure why but fate always seemed to bring me to a chick with attitude like a Rain,Jill,and now Claire. "Come on Alice," K said as she begin to walk off with me following. All I could think about was the way Claire was looking at me,but thoughts like that stopped though when I saw Carlos who was smirking. "Glad to see you are awake and alive," he said causing me to chuckle a bit. "You were doubting I was alive?" I asked sarcastically causing him to laugh a bit. "Not for a second," he said turning to look at everyone who was mourning the loss. "Alice these people need hope,and with your skills and knowledge you might be able to give it to them," he said catching me off guard. "Carlos you know I don't have time to play hero. I'm still not done with Umbrella yet," I said causing him to look down and nod. "I'll tell you what. How about you tag along for a while,and I'll help you when you find them," he said shrugging a bit. "I'll tag along with you all,but I handle the umbrella business alone," I said as I looked over at K. "Anything else to show me?" I asked with a slight smile. K nodded a bit as we begin to walk away again.

Claire POV:
I flagged Carlos over after he finished his little chat with Alice and K. We needed to form a plan on what to do after we hit the road again. "Got any ideas on where we go now old timer?" I asked smirking a bit knowing he hated that. "Claire all I know is that if we don't find gas soon we are going to be walking," he said sighing as he leaned against my vehicle. "Who knows maybe you're little friend has a idea," I said shrugging knowing we didn't have many options left. "You say that kind of joking,but if she does I'm gonna laugh," he said chuckling a bit. "Whatever old man let's just set up camp here for the night," I said knowing we weren't ready to get moving again. "Got it boss lady," he said before walking off. It was going to suck these next couple of days even more than usual,but we had to keep moving on.