Vegas Tragedy

Alice POV:
We had decided if we wanted gas we'd have to head to Vegas as that's where we'd likely have the highest chance. "Alright everyone let's get going," Claire said as we all got into vehicles. It was Carlos,K,and myself in one vehicle which was nice to say the least. "Alice I was wondering how did you do that thing with the birds?" K asked looking over at me as we begin to drive. Carlos chuckled a bit "You know K some questions may best be left unanswered," he said shaking his head. Memories of the hive and Raccoon City flushed into my head the testing Umbrella did to me as well. "I'm sorry," K said realizing it wasn't a question I'd be comfortable answering. "It's ok," I said looking out the window shaking my head a bit. "K why don't you try and rest up before we get there you'll need your strength," Carlos said causing K to just shrug. "Couldn't hurt," she said laying her head back against the sleep closing her eyes. I looked over at Carlos knowing he just didn't want to listen to her ask me a bunch of questions. We kept driving passing a sign that told us just exactly how far away Vegas was. It looked like it was going to be a while,but all I could do is wait.

Time skip to Vegas arrival

Claire POV:
It was nothing but sand the desert had reclaimed the land. "Claire, LJ says they have some pumps in a building up ahead," Chase said over the radio. I picked up the radio sighing "Alright let's try it," I said as all the vehicle came to a stop. "Keep a eye out for anything useful!" I yelled out as everyone unloaded from the vehicles. I whistled towards Alice and Carlos nodding over to the out of place storage container. It almost seemed like it was planted her recently because it wasn't covered in sand like everything else was. We all made our way over to the container before Alice stopped us taking the lead. I watched her slowly approach it putting her ear up to it. "Get back!" she yelled out as we all took aim at the container as it's door fell opened. Suddenly a bunch of those undead fucks came running out of the container. "Run!" I yelled out as we begin firing these infected seem to be more violent than the rest. I heard K scream as I turned to see a infected chasing after her. "Carlos cover me!" I yelled at him as he nodded. Running over to K time seemed to slow as I feared they'd kill her. My running was stopped when one of those monsters grabbed my from the side pushing me down. I groaned as I fell to the ground kicking the dead bastard away from me.

Alice POV:
I used my blades to slash a couple down before I begin making my way to a building. Now doubt in my mind this was all due to Umbrella,and they had to be close. A woman cried out as she was grabbed from behind by one of the dead. Quickly I ran over snapping it's neck then kicking another away. I grunted as I slashed the infected from torso to skull,and the shooting it down. The charge begin as I walked up a set of stairs knowing Umbrella had to be on the top of this building,and if not it would help me locate them. Three of the infected were running towards me as I reached the top of the stairs. Swiftly I pulled out my gun shooting one down,while the other two kept charging. I took my two blades and tossed them right at the two infected killing them both. God I really hope Claire is doing alright out there. Shaking my head of those thoughts I kept charging towards the roof,when suddenly I stopped. Time itself seemed to freeze as Umbrella used their satellite to shut me down. Screams of horror and panic could be heard as I stood there motionless unable to move. It must have been 5 minutes that passed before I heard Claire scream out,and then something snapped. Anger swept across my face as I stepped on the ledge of the balcony. "Hey boys," I said jumping down decapitating two of them as I landed on the ground. Nothing could be felt but anger as I charged towards the building they were on. The satellite kept sending signals towards me with not effect as I reached the rooftop. A small growl escaped from me as I begin firing away at the tent they were in. I entered the tent shooting the only person left alone in it. I heard a helicopter start up as I ran outside the tent to see Dr.Isaacs running towards it. It felt like all I could see was red as I begin shooting at him and the helicopter. Next thing I knew Isaacs was gone, and the helicopter flew off carrying with it valuable resources like the anti-virus. I knew I they needed they helicopter if they ever wanted to reach Alaska. "Why didn't you shoot?"
K said standing beside me watching as the helicopter flew off. "We need it to get out of here," I said walking back to the tent to see where it was headed.

Claire POV:
I couldn't believe what had just happened to us as we just lost so many more. Chase,LJ,and Mikey were now all gone along with several others. I leaned against one of the trucks wanting to just break down,but I couldn't they needed me to be strong. People were crying and screaming mourning the ones who were just taken from us. "Claire I'm sorry," Carlos said as she showed me the bite mark on his arm. "God damn it," was all I could say in a soft tone knowing Carlos was probably near the end. I looked down not knowing what to do with a urge of just giving up,when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey it's not over yet I have a way for you all to make it out of here," Alice said as I looked up at her about to break down. "We found a place where we can get you all a helicopter," she said as I nodded. "Carlos you and K round everyone up see how many are left," I said as they both walked off with a nod. It felt like instinct came over me as I hugged Alice closely without even thinking about it. I heard her gasp a small bit shocked,but she wrapped her arms around me holding me closely. "Claire I need you to be strong for all of them,and I need you to be strong for me," she said as I just nodded. "I'm tired of losing everyone I care about," I said breaking the hug looking down at the ground. My head slowly begin to raise up as Alice lifted it up slowly with her hand. "I know that's why you have to get these people to Alaska," she said trying to help my confidence. "I'll do it for everyone we've lost," I said wiping away the small tears in my eyes.

—The End—