Alaska

Alice POV:
It was my first night with this new group everyone besides a few of us headed off to bed already. "Listen Alice we need your help deciding what's next for the convoy," Carlos said smirking as he looked over at Claire. Finally I remembered the book about Alaska from that corpse in the closet. I took the book out of my jacket pocket and tossed it to him. Slowly he opened the book seeing what it was all about causing him to smile. "Told you Claire," he said handing the book over. Claire begin to read a bit of the book her eyes widening with shock. "Alaska is way too far for us," Claire said shaking her head tossing the book back. LJ chuckled a bit "Hey Alaska don't sound bad compared to this furnace we melting in," he said shaking his head a bit. "K why don't you head to bed while we finish up here," Claire suggested causing Mikey to laugh a bit. It was becoming clear that Claire thought of K almost like she was her own child. K-Mart nodded standing up "Goodnight everyone," she said walking off. "Claire listen Alaska is all we got we have to take it," Mikey said shrugging not knowing what else they were going to do. "Alright then I'll let everyone else vote tomorrow," Claire said standing up. I could smell blood in the air,but unlike all the dried up blood on the vehicles this was fresh. "Wait someone here is infected," I said looking around the fire at them all. "What? Alice if someone is infected they would've said something by know," Mikey said in disbelief.

Claire POV:
"Mikey if she says someone is we should check it out at least," I said motioning everyone to stand up. "Go ahead detective do your thing," I said looking at Alice with a cheap smile. "It's LJ," she said simply as she aimed her pistol at him. "Fuck come on man," LJ said knowing he head been caught now. Carlos shook his head in disbelief "Back in that motel you were bitten weren't you?" he asked. LJ nodded lifting his shirt to show the bite wound which was pretty bad. "Sorry LJ," Alice said about to pull the trigger. "Alice don't!" I yelled out quickly aiming my gun at her. "Claire you know he will turn," she said looking over at me while keeping her gun focused on him. "Damn it Alice then we wait till he turns," I said keeping a steady aim at her. "Everyone just lower your guns," Carlos said motioning for us both to lower our weapons. I lowered mine at the same time she lowered hers both going slowly. "LJ you can't sleep in one of the vehicles with everyone," I said looking over at him. He gave a simple nod knowing why we had to do this to him. "Alice follow me let's talk," I said flagging her as I walked off from everyone else.

Alice POV:
Carlos chuckled a bit "You're in trouble," he said jokingly as I walked past. We walked out to the point where she knew we couldn't be seen or heard. "I'm going to have to kick you out you threaten one of my people again," she said with a stern tone. "You know just as well as I do he will turn," I said knowing she was being stubborn. "God damn it Alice if he's going to turn let him enjoy his last few hours," she said with a sigh. "You're letting him suffer while I'm offering a quick easy death," I said tilting my head. "How did you know he was infected anyway?" Claire asked wanting a subject change. "I'm infected to,but with a different kind," I said causing her eyes to widen. "Shit I guess that explains the freaky powers," she said looking down in disbelief. "I can't give anyone the virus I have,so you have no need to worry," I said knowing that would be a concern of hers. "Good to know now we need to discuss sleeping arrangements for you," she said smirking a bit. I chuckled a bit knowing this was surely going to be a fun chat. "You and Carlos seem to have something I'd assume you'd want to sleep with him," she said tilting her head. "Trust me he's not my type," I said shaking my head a bit. "Fine then you can stay in my vehicle with me and K," she said shocking me a bit. "A bit shocking you'd let me sleep anywhere near K since you seem to want to protect her more than anyone," I said causing her to shake her head. "Why would I be concerned about you? You have super sleep powers we don't know about or maybe you're just nervous," she said smirking. "Not sure I'm getting what you are trying to say," I said raising a eyebrow towards her. "Cut the crap Alice if you aren't with Carlos my guess is you are into chicks," she said causing me to blush a bit. I remained silent causing her to chuckle a bit knowing she hit the target dead on.

Claire POV:
I chuckled a bit knowing I was one hundred percent right. "I'll still let you sleep in my vehicle just don't try anything with K," I said shaking my head a bit. "Hey for all you know you are the one I'm after," she said catching me off guard. I blushed a bit looking down with a small laugh. "I'm not in college anymore I'm sure my days of experimenting are over," I said looking up at her. "Never know if you don't try," she said in a rather seductive tone. "The way you look into someone's eyes shows what you truly want," she said referring to the way I looked at her earlier. "Hey Claire I'll see you at the camp," she said smirking as she begin to walk off. I watched her walk off in a bit of shock at what just happened. A few more minutes passed before I shook my head walking back to the camp.

—The End—