Part 12- One last time

137 days had gone by since I had said yes to London since Lin had told me that he loved me.

128 of those days spent over at Lin's apartment

11 dinners with his family

10 dinners with mine

8 double dates with Jules and Noah

And 5 tea parties with Jackson and Lennon.

137 perfect days.

"Are you sad?" I asked Lin as he put on his Alexander Hamilton outfit for the last time

He smiled at me and then nodded "I am, I've been doing the show for so long now. It had been my baby"

I stared at him and then he looked down at me "are you ready for this to be my last performance? Then I'll get some time to rest"

I laughed "you? Rest? Right"

He laughed too "well it is hard to rest with you around" he bent down to kiss my neck

"Hey, don't blame me for not getting your rest. It's that mind of yours it never stops working"

He laughed again "is Everyone here tonight?" he asked

I nodded "Yup even Jackson and Lennon who are super excited" I pulled out my phone showing him their outfits, Claire had sewn the girls both Eliza dresses

"that's adorable! Two Eliza's huh?"

"Jackson couldn't decide if she wanted to be Angelica or Eliza and wouldn't let Lennon be either without her, so there you go two Eliza's"

Lin smiled "I like how she thinks"

"So, I talked to my boss yesterday..."

Lin stopped getting dressed and sat down giving me his full attention

"What did she say?"

"She wasn't happy to hear that I would be leaving for almost a year. Went over many ultimatums then a few more options and then when she finally realized that I wasn't going to take any of them. Said that I would have a position here when I got back, of course not the same, but I would have a job"

Lin's face brightened and then he went in to kiss me "That's great! I bet you will get your job back in a heartbeat when we get back"

I smiled again and then took a deep breath "I said thank you but no thank you"

He looked at me confused

I shrugged "I am a senior recruiter, I fit people into the right jobs, and like I told you before. I'm not sure this is something I want to do. I think it's time I fit myself into the right job"

He hugged me "I know you can do whatever it is you want to do"

I smiled "back to square one"

"Square one starts now?"

I nodded "Yeah when I said no thank you. You think they were going to let me stay. She got highly offended and that's never good"

Lin made a yikes face, I shoved him

"Do you think that was the wrong move? Should I have waited?"

He laughed "hey, no you did what you felt and that was the right thing. We can go to the drawing board tonight"

He spoke

I shook my head "no, tonight is your night. We are all going out to celebrate and then probably sex. So, the drawing board can wait till tomorrow"