Part 3- The Perfect Gentleman

There were a million things going through my head at that moment, his name was so familiar because he was one of the biggest names in the city especially right now since Hamilton had opened up at the Richard Rodgers theater. My mind tried to grasp the fact that the person I just had sex with, not just once but three times was Lin Manuel Miranda.

"are you okay?" I hear him ask

I pop out of my daze, his hands still firmly on my waist and my hands cradled around his neck.

I nod my head "I'm a bit embarrassed" I shyly turn

His hand makes his way gently to my cheek and turns it so that he can look at my face.

"Please don't be," he said to me

I bit my lower lip, and it wasn't to be seductive at all. This bite was more on the nervous side "it's not that I didn't recognize you, my mind was really in a cloudy place when we first met but I do know who you are and you're really brilliant"

I saw a hint of red rush into his cheeks, He smiled at me and said Thank you.

He gives me the most mischievous smile and then gulps "You know it really isn't like me to just take a girl I had just met home, I'm really more of a gentleman than that but there was something about you" he said

When he says this a cold chill comes over me and suddenly, I felt like I shouldn't be here. I shake my head

He moves his hands to my shoulders and asks me to tell him what's bothering me.

"I'm a nobody and as much as I want to tell myself that I've hit the jackpot today I have to admit to myself as well that people like you can't see people like me. With all due respect Mr. Miranda, you were and are a perfect gentleman but let's not pretend that this could go any further. The sex was amazing, and I appreciated everything today" I say pulling away from him, but he was too quick, he wrapped his arms around me, so I couldn't go anywhere.

I let my head hang low

"Please look at me," he asked so kindly

So, I took a deep breath then turned my face towards his

"Is that what you really think?" He asked

I stared at him trying to come up with words when he shook his head

"What matters is how the day played out for us, I think this is an opportunity for two people who get along great, who find each other attractive, and who both found themselves finding someone in a time where we could really use someone. Just because you know my name doesn't mean everything that you know is all of it. Charley even though you were in tears today, I needed someone too"

When he said that I couldn't help but ask "you needed someone today?" I spoke

He nods nervously "It's been a stressful few months, today had been one of the few days I actually got to just do anything else but work, talking with you...I don't know it was really calming and nice"

I finally smiled at him. He was right, it felt really nice talking with him too and natural, almost like I had known him forever.

"I felt really comfortable with you immediately, it's funny how relaxed I was with you. I guess I just feel overwhelmed right now. Does that make sense?" I asked hoping he understood because I wasn't sure I did.

He nodded

"I shouldn't have judged the situation because you're a celebrity but you're one of the biggest names here, so it feels surreal"

He laughed loudly at that part "I absolutely understand but also I'm far from a celebrity"

I rolled my eyes "seriously?"

He looked at me and smiled "seriously" He says

I push him playfully when he grabs hold of my hand and pulls me into him

"I like you. I know I sound crazy cause it hasn't been a full day even, but I do" he says

He brings his lips down to mine and kisses them gently. "I like you too," I say

He smiles so big

"It's still overwhelming though"

He sighs "I promise you I'm nothing to be overwhelmed about" he presses his forehead against mine

I squint my eyes together and press my fingers to my lips "so... those tony awards are nothing huh?" I say

He shakes his head "nope, doesn't mean a thing"

I nod my head "okay and being the creator and star of the biggest Broadway show right now is also nothing?"

He shrugs "nope," he says

I shake my head and laugh "You're crazy! You are a big deal" I say

He licks his lips and then nods "If I say I'm a big deal will you stop trying to get away from me?" he asks

I act like I'm thinking it over when his lips turn into a frown. I finally laugh and nod "Even though I think you're crazy for being into me. I think I'm just as crazy for saying yes"

He smiles so big. Enough to make me really feel that this was no dream, maybe it was really my time to find some happiness.

"Wait shouldn't you be getting ready for a show tonight?" I ask

He shakes his head "night off. Speaking of the show, would you like to go and see it?"

I'm stunned, I replay the last words he had said "excuse me?" I respond

"would you like to go and see Hamilton?" He asks

"Seriously?" I say aloud while inside I am screaming because honestly, I have been dying to see it. But I still remain calm.

He nods

I again remain calm "sure but I can't go like this" I say

He laughs "of course not, we can stop at your place," he says

"We? You're coming with me?" I asked

He looks apologetic "sorry, I didn't mean to invite myself. We can meet at the theater if you want"

I laugh and shake my head "oh no, you're more than welcome to come with me. I just didn't know if you meant we as in us"

I replay my words and shake my head "you know what I meant"

He smiles and nods.

Lin changes into jeans, a t-shirt and throws on a grey blazer. He lets his hair flow down and I try not to stare afraid he might catch me with a little drool down my mouth. But it was so hard to look away, he was gorgeous. Everything about him right now was perfect. He turned and he smiled at me "ready?" He asked

I swallowed the saliva forming in my mouth and nodded "yes!"

He laughed "that was very chipper"

"Super excited because I'm going to get to see Hamilton" I playfully exaggerate excitement even though it perfectly suited how happy I was.

He laughed.

When we got out to the street, I realized that we weren't too far from my apartment. A subway ride over in fact.

Entering the substation, he clasped his hand onto mine, both of us bundled up in a coat and scarf, trying to talk to each other through muffled layers of clothing. He couldn't tell, but my cheeks hurt so bad and it was because I couldn't stop smiling. I haven't felt this stupidly happy in a while and regardless of how long it was going to last, it just felt so good to feel.