Chapter 18

“So Sonya, what do you like to do for fun?” Adam asked. We were currently sitting at Publo’s Family Diner. The waitress had just gotten our orders and we were waiting to be served. Sonya and I sat on one end of the table, Lucas and Ian on the other and Chase and Adam sat on either side of us.

 “I don’t really go do anything,” Sonya said, taking a sip of her tea. “But I do like to watch movies and TV.”

 “Really? What do you usually watch?” Adam asked. He took a sip of his coke. Chase and I exchanged glances. This was the most I had seen Adam talk. I twirled my straw in my water. I watched as the ice swirled quickly and then came to a stop. Condensation ran down the side of it.

 “Well, it depends,” she chuckled. Adam smiled. “I really watch anything.”

 “Gilmore Girls and Supernatural are her two favorites,” I answered. Adam glanced over at me. He looked surprised and then I could feel the excitement building. Sonya saw it too and she smiled.

 “I watch Gilmore Girls too, but none of the guys know that,” he whispered to her. However, it wasn’t quiet enough because I heard it. I glanced over at Chase and I could tell he heard it too. He covered his mouth with his hand and stifled a laugh. I smirked and took another sip of my water. I tried to act like I didn’t. Sonya smiled and took another sip of her tea.

 “We all like Supernatural,” Lucas said. The guys all nodded. “Maybe we could watch it sometime?”

 “Just us?” Sonya asked. “Riley likes it too.” Lucas reddened. I smiled at his cuteness. Out of all the guys, he was the most sensitive one and he was the cutest. He was the youngest one out of them all.

 “I meant all of us, like you, me, Riley and the guys,” he said quietly. Sonya laughed.

 “Gotcha,” she said. She took a sip of her tea and glanced over at me. She was trying to signal me something, but I couldn’t understand it. She became frustrated and rolled her eyes.

 “So, Adam, you’re the oldest right?” she asked. Adam swallowed the drink he had in his mouth and nodded. He ran a hand through his hair trying to act cool. He leaned back, placing his hands behind his head.

 “Sure am. I’m in control of all these idiots,” he said.

 “Okay,” Chase said sarcastically.

 “More like we’re in control of you,” Ian laughed. “We had to tell you to go take a shower this morning.” The guys all laughed. I chuckled. Sonya smiled.

 “I took one last night,” Adam defended. He looked irritated and took a sip of his drink. Chase gave him a wink.

 “Do you realize how much you sweat?” Lucas asked. Adam rolled his eyes.

 “Yes, and I took one last night. I don’t sweat in my sleep. You keep it freezing in that bus,” he said. I looked over at Sonya. She shook her head and smiled. I laughed. Adam was looking down at his glass. I could tell he was getting even more irritated or hurt and I felt bad for him.