Chapter 20

I stayed in my room for the remainder of the night. Sonya had come in to see if I was okay, but I told her that it was okay for her to leave me and go hang out with Adam. I knew she wanted to, but I also knew that she wanted to make sure I was okay. And I was. I just wanted time to myself so I could breathe and get over the shock of what I had done.

 It was early the next morning before I finally emerged from my room. I made sure to be quiet seeing as Sonya was a light sleeper and I hadn’t wanted to wake her. The first thing I noticed was Chase asleep on the couch. I thought it strange as I glanced over at the bunk beds, immediately noticing Chase’s curtain pushed slightly aside and Tiffany asleep, facing the wall. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the fridge. Of course Chase would let Tiffany sleep in his bed. He had let me sleep in the bed.

 I was careful opening the fridge, knowing all too well that waking Adam up was only asking for a little bit of attitude. I really didn’t want that right now. I shut the door and turned around to see a sleepy Chase waking up.

 “Sorry,” I whispered. He waved my apology off and sat up. He ran a hand through his hair, wiping his eyes before letting out a yawn.

 “What are you doing up so early?” he asked. He glanced at the clock seeing that it was seven.

 “I couldn’t sleep,” I said. “Why are you on the couch?” He pointed to Tiffany and I just rolled my eyes. I had figured that one out. He sat up and made room for me. I took the seat. I could tell he was still half asleep because his head was laid back and it rocked with each movement of the bus. I smiled, trying hard not to laugh. It wasn’t his fault that he was sleepy. It was mine.

 A few minutes later, Chase had fallen back asleep. His head was leaning towards me, so I stood up and let it fall slowly into the couch. I laughed to myself before grabbing a water from the fridge and making my way back to my room. I opened the door and noticed that Sonya had taken up most of the bed, so laying back down was out of the question.

 I sighed and made my way out of the room, listening to the snores that escaped every corner. I made my way to the front of the bus, hoping that Todd would enjoy some company. I pushed back the curtain. Todd turned around for a second and looked surprised.

 “Riley?”

 “Do  you need some company? I feel bad that you’ve been neglected this whole time and that we haven’t had a chance to get to know each other,” I stated. I took a seat in the front seat, propping my feet up on the dashboard. Todd smiled and focused back on the road.

 “It’s really not that bad. I can hear everything you guys are saying, there’s just a curtain splitting us. So really, I’m apart of everything,” he said. We crossed over a bridge and I could see our destination city in the distance.

 “How far are we?” I asked cutting our current conversation. We seemed to have not gotten any further.

 “About one hour or so,” he answered. I just nodded and leaned back, closing my eyes. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he broke it. “So do you like it so far? The tour?”