How you Meet (Prologue)

You two met when you visited at the pound, it was adoption day and you decided to check it out. Y/n always wanted a pet of your own ever since you were a kid. You wanted a pet dog that is caring, royal, very friendly, supportive, well-trained, and fluffy to cuddle.

You look through every cage of adorable animals trying to get your attention and saying "Adopt me!" or "Pick me! Pick me!"

Cute dogs barking while patting the bars of the cage and the cats meowing while their slitted pupils dilate into bold. You wave at them while continue to look at the rows of cages. That until you spotted a husky laying on the floor looking moody.

Y/n check the sign for a name on the front door and it is labeled "Steele". Huh, you thought it sounds nice.

One of the employees told you that Steele was a popular sleigh dog in every race in Alaska. You were curious why he is in here in the first place until the employee answered his owner abandoned him when he try to sabotage one of the sleigh dogs during the race. And he replaced him with a new sleigh dog for the next race.

It was awful how he treated him like that so you thought it would be a good idea to take him in as a new owner and treat him with respect.

The cage door open letting Steele out and examine you. You tried to pet him but he let out a growl making your hand to move away. He glares at you like he doesn't want to be petted as his ears were lowered.

Employee: "Sorry about him, he's just a moody husky."

After signing the adopting papers, you took Steele to a pet store to buy food, toys, and a collar with a tag on. He will bark aggressively at the cats because you know...dogs are not fond of cats, but if there's a person who is the owner of a cat, you will apologize to him/her while dragging Steele away.

Steele will like the collar you picked for him and bark at you to put it on around his neck (like right now). He likes the type of collar that shows some shiny studs (if it's gold or silver, he doesn't mind).

(Or your second option of the collar)

Steele likes one of those refrigerated dog chows and delicious treats that taste like bacon

Steele likes one of those refrigerated dog chows and delicious treats that taste like bacon. And he also like bones to chew on (if you buy him a bone, he will rip through the wrapper and start chewing on it, and he will break it in half).

As you took him to your house (or apartment whichever one it suites you), he will sniff around the new environment inside your home and get used to it.

You also bought him a large doggy bed to sleep in and some toys to play with (he doesn't like those squeaky toys, it annoys him very much). He sometimes will jump in your bed and sleep to the side next to you (while you're sleeping).