Chapter Four

Project presentation day. Billy's least favorite part of any project. He hoped Kit would take over this like he did with the project altogether. Sure, Billy helped with some of the aspects of it. He designed it, it wasn't that hard, Kit made sure to take the hard parts. Billy didn't complain, he didn't want to do anything and if Kit was up for taking the heavy load he wouldn't stop him.

He sat on the counter and decided to ask Kit if he was presenting.

Billy: r u gonna present

Kit: no i thought u were

Billy: fuck ok ill do it

Kit: I can do it if you need me to ig

Billy: Nah ill do it

Kit: Great coz im not gona be there anygays

Kit: anyways** autocorrect

Billy: what is ur autocorrect and why not?!

Kit: pfft like ik and i dunno just feel like skipping ig

Billy: can i join you???

Kit: ig...

Kit: meet me in town square in like 30

Billy: ok need me to bring anything?

Kit: nah i got it

Billy: cool cool ill be there

Billy jumped off the counter and smiled a bit. Agnes threw her arm over his shoulder "What are you smiling about?!" She asked.

"Nothing. I gotta go." Billy said, going to the door and grabbing his bag.

"Oh! Let me walk you to school." She laughed.

"Nah...I'm good." he said, putting his bag on.

"Are you sure?" she asked, her excited expression dropping into a skeptical one and her eyebrow raised.

"Absolutely positive," he kissed her cheek, something he never did.

She nodded and her expression brightened again, "Alright!" she patted his shoulder, "Call me if you need anything!" and with that, she walked away.

Billy shook his head and muttered, "That was...weird..." before walking out. He grabbed his skateboard from the garage and skated down the driveway then down the street. He made it to the town square after taking many detours to avoid anyone he knew. He kicked his skateboard up into his hand using the end of it and stood in front of the theater waiting for Kit.

Somebody tapped his shoulder from behind, he jumped up in surprise and turned around, "Holy shit! What the fuck dude!" Kit stood in front of him, biting his lip, "Stop sneaking up on me."

"Mhm. Let's go..." he grabbed Billy's wrist and pulled him down the street. Billy followed him confused as to where they were going.

Around Ellis avenue Billy finally broke the silence between them, "Where are we going?" he asked, Kit had dropped his hand a while ago and they were walking side by side.

"Out of town..." Kit shrugged, "I-I have a place..."

Billy got a shot of adrenaline, "Out of town?!"

"Yeah? Something wrong with that?"

Billy gulped and nodded, "Yeah. Yeah, that's fine!" his voice cracked on 'fine.'

"You sure? We can go somewhere else if you want I guess?"

"No! No! I want to go!" Billy said. He was excited to finally leave town and contemplated telling Kit that but didn't.

"Mkay." Kit shrugged, "up for a bit of a hike?" he asked, grabbing the straps of his blue bookbag and adjusting them on his shoulders.

"Sure!" Billy smiled at him, he couldn't believe he'd never left town. Ever. He was a teenager. Teenagers run away all the time, Billy was a different story. Maybe it was because he had all he needed, up until his family died. But even then he stayed. He wasn't sure of why he did that.

There the two stood, at the edge of the town Billy had never stepped foot out of. Kit looked at him then back at the small dirt road leading out of town. He must have noticed how uneasy Billy was because he asked, "Are you alright?"

Billy nodded then muttered, "Yeah, let's go." and he took his first step out of town.

----Author's Note---
Sorry for how sort it is. But I gotta plan lol
---Autor's Note---