Chapter Ten

Kit spent the night at Billy's. He and Billy shared the bed, something Billy wouldn't have done if it were under different circumstances, but given what was happening in Kit's life he let him.

CPS came the next morning, he didn't want to go at first. Billy didn't blame him, if it weren't for the fact Agnes was his godmother he would have left town as well. He still couldn't understand what immense emotions were swarming Kit's head. He hoped that Kit would make it like he promised but he wasn't sure. He didn't know if Kit was strong enough for that.

Kit had a bookbag full of basically everything he owned, shy of one of his sweatshirts which he left at Billy's by accident, and a couple shirts. He and Billy had about ten minutes to say goodbye. He knew it was a long time but he couldn't stand the fact they were taking his best friend/almost-boyfriend away from him. All he wanted was for Kit to be happy but that didn't seem possible.

"Are- you're going to be okay...? Right?" Billy asked, he and Kit were in his bedroom. He grabbed Kit's hands and pulled them up to their chests. "You have to be. I-"

Kit nodded and said, "I promise. I'm going to be fine!" he sounded like he would be but Billy knew Kit better than that, he knew Kit was about to snap so he kept his voice soft.

"I- just...I don't- I want you here...and when we're eighteen-" He was cut off by Kit's hand on his cheek.

"I'm coming back. Or you're coming to me...or we meet in the middle. I have a place ya know...in New York."

"Really?" Billy asked, looking up at him. He saw Kit silently crying with his glasses sliding down his face, he pushed them back up.

"Yeah. We can't go there now...but- but we're gonna find each other again. We are. I- just- you- I love you...and I know we've only known each other for like a year but I really do love you. And- as bad as it sounds. I'm sorta glad Teddy died...because...I don't think that I would have ever..."

"Kissed me?"

"Yeah."

Billy nodded and Kit put his arms over his shoulders. Billy picked him up and Kit wrapped his legs around his waist. "Ya know I have a phone right? We can like facetime or something."

Billy laughed, "Yeah. Facetime. I'm fantastic at that."

"No, you're not," Kit giggled and sighed, clinging onto Billy harder, "I'm gonna really fucking miss getting drunk with you."

"We didn't get drunk that often! Like- four times!"

Kit laughed again and Billy started to feel a bit better. "Still gonna miss it...I mean...it was fun."

"Mhm..." He hummed and squeezed Kit a bit.

"I swear to god if you drop me I'm gonna abandon you forever." he exaggerated his southern accent on 'forever'.

Billy started to loosen his grip and Kit squeaked. "You're adorable."

"Oh shut the fuck up and put me down, moment's over." Kit demanded and Billy set him down, then rolled his eyes.

The door opened and Agnes stood just outside, "Kit...they want you." Kit nodded, grabbed his bag, and walked out.

"I love you." He mouthed and left the doorway. Billy sighed, he didn't, couldn't follow, the crushing weight in his chest was back and worse than ever. He let tears slid down his face as he peered out the window. There Kit was, with the CPS officers and crossing the street. Tons of people were out, not for Kit's departure, just taking a walk or messing around outside.

Billy couldn't understand how such a sad thing was happening on a nice day. He couldn't let it end like that. He had to do something. One last thing, but it'd take a lot of courage and a lot of impulsiveness. He sprinted down the stairs and out the door.

"KIT!" He yelled as Kit got in the car on the side facing away from Billy's house, out towards the street. "KIT WAIT!" He yelled again and Kit stopped then looked over the car door up to Billy with a confused look.

Billy sprinted around the back of the car, grabbed Kit by the collar of his flannel, and kissed him. Hard. In the middle of the street, in front of all those people. And somehow he couldn't feel more free. Kit kissed back as Billy put him into a little dip. When they broke apart Billy let go, "Sorry- I couldn't."

"Shut up." Kit said, getting into the car, a smile on his face, "I love you." Billy blushed as he said that and backed away from the car. He looked back at all the people, a kid his and Kit's age among them. He recognized him instantly. It was David. David who he'd just recently learned was Tommy's boyfriend. He waved a bit as David smiled at him.

He turned back to the car and sighed. "I love you too," he said and waved as the car left. Agnes pulled him out of the street and hugged him.

"You're gonna be okay, Billy." She said and he nodded.

"I'm not the one to worry about."

---Author's Note---
Wow- okay...uhm one more chapter guys....
---Author's Note---