Chapter Nine

"He's dead?" Kit asked, pushing off of Billy, tears in his eyes, knowing he'd be going to child protective services.

"Yeah...he-he's dead...that's who people were mobbing over..." Billy said softly, not wanting to startle him in any way. He reached out and sat up a bit more as Kit scooted back. The black-haired boy shook his head and looked down then reached out for Kit again, "Hey- look...Uhm...I'm sure we can get something arranged..."

"Something arranged?!" Kit yelled, running his hands through the dirt to find his glasses because he could hardly see anything. Billy grabbed the black frames off his backpack and slowly crawled over to the Hispanic boy. He slid the glasses on his face and saw how Kit's face relaxed a bit after seeing again. He watched Kit curl up into a ball and touched his shoulder.

"Kit...look at me...don't- don't give up on me..." He knew Kit was fragile when it came to death with his mom and all and he didn't want Kit to try something stupid when he got back home, "Why don't you stay with me tonight? Is that okay?" Kit looked up at him and nodded before looking back down at the dirt. Billy just watched him as he internalized the panic attack, knowing if he said anything he could send Kit spiraling.

After around an hour Kit calmed down and grabbed Billy's arm. Billy took it as a sign to pull him closer, he set his chin on the top of Kit's head and crossed his legs so the smaller of the two would be sat in between them. He rocked back and forth slowly and whispered, "It's gonna be okay...we're gonna work it out...I promise." One of his hands was on Kit's side and the other was gently set on his head, "I promise we're gonna get through this."

Kit wasn't panicking because his dad was dead, he was celebrating that bastard's death but he was terrified of child protective services. Billy could see it in his caramel eyes, he was scared and he didn't know if they'd let Kit stay at his house for the next two years. Billy's lips landed in Kit's hair before he pulled away and said, "Why don't we go to my house alright?" He felt the smaller nod against his chest before getting off him and standing up.

He grabbed their backpacks and handed the other to Billy, "Let's go to your place." his voice was weak and cracked at 'place'. Billy nodded, grabbed his hand, and pulled him down the path.

***

Agnes was standing at the door waiting for them. She saw their fingers intertwined and sighed, "You two are so incredibly irresponsible." She said and hugged both of them at the same time. She let go of Billy and set her chin on Kit's shoulder and said, "I'm so sorry, Kit."

"It-it's okay...I guess...he was a bastard anyway..."

"No. I'm sorry for what will happen in CPS." She said softly, "But I think I can pull a few strings...get you to stay here..."

"That- that's okay...I'll be okay...it's just two years..."

"Two years of hell, Kit." She said and backed away from him, "You're gonna stay here tonight, I don't care what anyone else says." She glanced at Billy and nodded up the stairs, "Why don't you two go do something while I get dinner ready."

"Okay..." Billy muttered before grabbing Kit's hand again and bringing him upstairs.

They both played down on the bed with their feet on the ground, Kit turned to face Billy, "My life is shit."

"Same..." Billy replied and grabbed his hand.

"It's my birthday too so..."

"No shit." Billy sat up and pulled Kit up a bit too, "So...like how old are you?"

"Sixteen..."

"Right...right...same?"

Kit rolled his eyes and hit his shoulder playfully, "Stop being awkward!"

Billy turned to face him and flipped onto his knees, "I don't really think that was an option."

"Wasn't was it?" Kit sat up slowly and touched Billy's cheek.

Billy was in a major gay panic moment, that was the best, and only way to describe how he was feeling, major gay panic. He wanted to kiss Kit but he wasn't sure if that's what Kit wanted. His question was answered instantly with their lips touching, Billy felt like a firework. The world around him disappeared, he could only feel Kit pressed up against him. When the smaller boy pulled away he asked, "What will Westview think?"

"Westview can suck it." Billy smiled and his voice was a little shakey, he stared into Kit's caramel eyes and kissed him again.

---Author's Note--
Took me waaay too long to get here but here you guys go!
They kissed. I was wondering how long it would take.
---Author's Note---