𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

While loading up the backpacks they'd been given that morning for the start of their third week at the boot camp, Taehyung watched them closely, ready to tear them apart for packing it incorrectly, almost as if he hoped they would.

Since the day Taehyung switched him out for Wooyoung during the stitching up of his arm, San hadn't heard anything other than criticism from the harsh leader and hadn't been shown any extra attention. Not a simple touch, not even a lustful gaze in his direction.

Had that jerk cooled off already?

"That's my ramen...fucking idiot." Wooyoung snatched back the instant ramen that San had accidentally picked up while packing.

The backpack in total held two blankets, three kinds of instant food that they only needed water to make, and two uniforms. They were taught the military way to fold and pack everything tightly in case of an emergency. On the sides of the backpack were compartments with buckles to hold a water bottle on one side and a smaller shovel on the other.

"Fuck off...you already packed yours." San grabbed Wooyoung's bag to look inside to prove it but Wooyoung's grip tightened on his bag and both continued tugging on it, glaring, neither backing down.

Before things could escalate, Taehyung came over and dumped both of their bags before telling them to start over. His eyes flicked to the side, annoyed, not sparing either one a glance before walking over to yell at someone else.

Whispering profanities under his breath, Wooyoung grabbed his bag and shot San one of his classic glares but San's attention was solely on their leader's back, looking deep in thought as if he was trying to figure him out.

Wooyoung wasn't the type to nose into others' business but was well aware of the weird looks and body language between his leader and the boy he referred to as his enemy, not completely sure of what was going on between the two, but not keen on finding out. However, he didn't think San could handle whatever it was if Taehyung was involved, seeing the effectiveness it was having on the weaker boy already.

"Pick up your shit." Wooyoung smacked him on the head, releasing some of his anger at the constant stupidity he had to endure, and began stuffing everything that was discarded messily on the flat properly back into his own bag.

San tore his eyes away to begin packing again, uninterested in arguing with Wooyoung, and when he finished, his eyes naturally found one of his teammates getting tormented by their ruthless leader. The kid looked unfazed by Taehyung's low and scary voice bellowing out inches away from his face. Their leader's heavy boots crushed a pack of ramen in the process and he punted it across the room before taking off the boy's hat, repeatedly swatting him harshly on the head with it.

Seonghwa had befriended the boy and looked to San, his eyes begging his team leader to help the younger.

With his bag freshly packed, San sat it in front of the flat and stood up, saluting Taehyung.

"Sir, I'll offer my assistance to my teammate if you'll allow it! I'll follow your instruction, sir!" Offering to help the poor kid himself was the best he could come up with to save his teammate a beating. He hoped Taehyung would see it as him taking responsibility for the team but the deathly glare he received killed that hope entirely.

Biting the inside of his cheek, Taehyung calmly walked past San, San turning quickly, still saluting, mindful of making sure his back wasn't turned to his superior.

Whipping only his head back to look at the dimpled boy always causing trouble for him in a plethora of different ways, Taehyung beckoned him with his pointer finger and growled at San to come with him.