𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

A fresh scent wafted through team two's small room, following their much-needed showers, as they carried out their nightly duties of cleaning and preparing their gear for the next day. Gear that still smelt of dirt and sweat, reminding them of what they themselves must have smelled like before their shower.

As they bustled around, stories of each boy's individual training were being exchanged, all of them reveling in the time they had left to spend with each other, having grown impossibly close as a group after spending every waking moment together for the past month.

Their soft buzz of tired excitement filled the room while, over on his own, Seonghwa sat pondering, unable to stop the nagging thoughts running rampant in his head, too preoccupied with San's affairs to enjoy the downtime properly. 

"Sannie, let's talk," Seonghwa sauntered over to San's flat finally and swatted the back of his head to get his attention, San mumbling a fake 'ow' before smiling and meeting his eyes curiously. 

Setting his boots to the side that he'd been wiping down, he followed the other's lead to a corner of the room that was unoccupied and stood there visibly confused, waiting for Hwa to say something, but after a few minutes went by of the other just standing there watching him quizzically, San couldn't keep a serious face. 

Breaking into giggles, he punched his friend in the shoulder playfully, weirded out by his unreadable expression. "What's up Hwa?" San was getting more curious by the minute.

Seonghwa returned a similar punch to his shoulder with a child-like smirk. "Just what have you gotten yourself into, dummy?"

San's face reverted back to confusion as his friend leaned in closer to keep his next words from being overheard.

"I know you're screwing around with team three's lead soldier, I saw you! That's Taehyung, isn't it!" He bounced around a little as he revealed everything he knew, itching for the full story.

"That--" San squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head back and forth, repulsed by the words leaving Seonghwa's mouth. "No, Hwa," San sputtered out, a clear "ew" popping out of his mouth afterward, emphasizing his feelings about it. He decided then that the truth would be much less painful than being thought to have hooked up with his brother. Gross.

Grabbing Seonghwa's shoulder and facing them both towards the wall to make sure no one read his lips, San whispered forcefully, "You're talking about my brother, you idiot!"

"Wait, what?" Hwa's eyebrows furrowed. "San you're lying. I watched him take you into the woods during course training, and you guys were gone a long time--and today!" Seonghwa's voice rose slightly, "I saw you guys flirting and giving each other cute little shoves!" He put on a flirty smile and imitated one of the playful shoves he saw.

"He's my brother, Hwa. I swear to god. You're about to make me throw up. I can feel dinner coming back up."

Hwa stared him down for a few minutes, looking for any signs he might be lying, and, when he failed to find any, jumped at the other, wrapping his arms around his shoulders, shaking him back and forth. "You should've told me!"

San grinned and made silly noises as he got thrown back and forth, making Hwa laugh.

"I didn't really want it getting out in case it made you or the others feel weird," San admitted honestly, craning his head up to look at the other clinging on him, keeping his head in a sort of head-lock.

Seonghwa gave him a little shake and responded with a laugh, "Yeah, because it was so much fun to watch me mistake brotherly love for you just being a horny son-of-a-bitch?"